Recent content by RAB11

1. RAB11

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

That is my new favourite thing. Thank you.
  2. RAB11

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Here I am making you get your wallet out again Dave. I don't know if it was the original intention but this song has always struck me as describing an abusive relationship. Mainly from the lyrics, but the sweet-sounding on the surface chorus and then sudden change from A major to A minor into...
  3. RAB11

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

The issue is that apparently when you upload to YouTube you agree by way of clicking upload that you 'own the rights to the work'. I've just gone looking for said disclaimer but it doesn't appear anywhere on the upload page on the YouTube app on my phone. Could be different on the desktop site...
  4. RAB11

Hey Dave here's another original I'm gonna invoke the Almighty Thornton on, if such a thing is even possible in a week like this. I get really political about most things. Have done since American Idiot changed my life when I was 12. Nowadays though that mainly means raging at people on...
  5. RAB11

Here's another one from me. I'd tell the story of why this song fits but the song does that pretty well itself.
  6. RAB11

Hey TCK! Been a while since I've done a Sunday morning, bedheaded, still in my pjs video. It's nice. This is a song I wrote a month or so ago. It's about how for my wife and I, with all our various mental health issues, the simple act of being happy can sometimes seem like a gargantuan task...
  7. RAB11

SEASON 503 "SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!"

Hi Val! Here in my conservatory bringing you one from Sam Fender
  8. RAB11

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

Thanks Joko!
  9. RAB11

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I'm here and I replied in-thread!
  10. RAB11

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

It probably won't to be fair. For us it's less to do with a scarcity of actual fuel and more to do with a lack of people to bring it to the petrol stations. Even then it was a small isolated problem that got blown up by the media, much like toilet roll last year.
  11. RAB11

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

Wow! Great to be picked as a winner, hopefully I can put those Kyats to good use! If possible could you make the donation to SANDS please? The stillbirth and neo-natal death charity. Very important one for my extended family. https://www.sands.org.uk/
  12. RAB11

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

I imagine most places around the world have their own version of satirical news site. The US have The Onion, Australia has The Betoota Advocate. In the UK we have the Daily Mash. Problem is that the real world is giving these guys a real run for their money at the moment. So seeing as October...
  13. RAB11

Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

Here's one from the list of Levi adverts I was pleasantly surprised to find. 1996 I think it was. The radio station I listen to plays this every now and then and the DJ always refers to the band as Poundland Nirvana. I can sort of get that, the original borrows one or two things from Teen...
  14. RAB11

Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

Bit of a stretch but I wanted to get here first.
  15. RAB11

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Here's the electric kalimba video I mentioned yesterday. Her channel is well worth watching. Some absolutely gorgeous music and really innovative use of effects.