Recent content by RAB11

1. RAB11

Season 532: All aboard!

This song has had an interesting journey. It started nearly four years ago when my wife went into labour with our youngest, and while we waited in the middle of the night for her parents to come round to get our eldest, with nothing else i could do I picked up my uke and this riff came out. A...
  2. RAB11

SOTU 531 -- Name Dropping

Here's one from David Bowie that I could probably do a bit betrer with if I had the time
  3. RAB11

Season 530 - ‘Brothers And Sisters And Keep On Running’

So I have a uke with built-in delay (well two actually) I have an electric organ with multiple voices and two separate keyboards The God of Synth is hosting the season Running is part of a theme. Seems to me there's only one thing for it. Not sure why the uke video track was slowly...
  4. RAB11

SOTU 528 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Here's one from my favourite Chili Peppers album, By the Way. I've literally spent the entire day on this, hoping it's been worth it. My subscription ran out of PowerDirector and not really in a position for a new one so I've found an open source one instead and learning that alongside a couple...
  5. RAB11

SOTU 528 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

I figured Queen would get a decent amount of love this week and felt it my responsibility to bring some Queens of the Stone Age to the party. This is a song I've been wanting to do for ages. A bit later in the week than I would have liked, I've been battling a really sore throat. Nearly back to...
  6. RAB11

SEASON 527: John, Paul, George, and Ringo

Hoping I can have special dispensation for this one. Woke up this morning to the very sad news that Taylor Hawkins, drummer for the Foo Fighters, passed away overnight aged 50. Here's the only song Dave Grohl would let him sing.
  7. RAB11

Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

This is technically only one Seasonista jamming but it is me jamming with musicians from another musical community I'm very proud to be a part of. Couple months ago I posted a cover of a local band, Marinated in Sarcasm. They're regulars at Alleycats Open Mic, a night I've been going to for...
  8. RAB11

SEASON 527: John, Paul, George, and Ringo

Surprised we got to Wednesday with no Wings songs ......then I go to learn one and realise it's because they're all completely bonkers Nevertheless I've managed to bang this out in half an hour at the end of the workday and it's actually made me a marginally better pianist in the process so...
  9. RAB11

season 525 - needs and wants

Hey guys. So i came back for a couple weeks in December/January and then fell off the wagon again. Partly because of life getting in the way but mostly because a lot of the time recently when I've been playing uke it's to work on this song. Idea hit me on a walk home from work a couple months...
  10. RAB11

SOTU 516 "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ..."

Aaaaaand another because I just remembered I wanted to do this one. One thing I want out of 2022 is more gigs. Played a couple last year and really want to get back out there. I especially want to put on a show with another local band who I'm good friends with, Marinated in Sarcasm. They out...
  11. RAB11

Here's another one Val! I got everything I wanted for my 30th on Monday. Lovely day with my family, some nice food, a week off work and enough funds amassed for a trip down to Bournemouth for a new uke. It's and Enya Feather and I think it's stunning. Sounds great too. So here's its debut in...
  12. RAB11

As some of you may know, Jack White is one of my favourite musicians and a big inspiration for my playing. Lyrics are not always his strong suit though. This song is an exception. He's at his best when he's telling a frivolous story and I've always found this one to be particularly clever.
  13. RAB11

Who's taking us to Prague first, Bob or Edwin?
  14. RAB11

Season 515 - ‘Change’

So I've had the music for this song kicking around for a few weeks. Last week I finally knew what I wanted the lyrics to be about but I just couldn't get them out. This week's theme, as so often happens round here, gave me something to tie the thing together. Thanks Del.
  15. RAB11

Season 515 - ‘Change’

Here's another one from me, this time by Paul Weller. Annoyingly my amp started to give up the ghost towards the end, so this is as good as it's gonna get.