Recent content by ramone

1. ramone

Great resource: ukeeducation.org

thanks, Choirguy, that's awesome!
  2. ramone

forum default font

how can I change the forum default font? I haven't been able to find it. thanks in advance!
  3. ramone

Hauling around all that stuff.

I use a sports duffle bag with a shoulder strap. fits a stand, cables, DI box, books, straps, etc. I can carry a bass & the uke, or 1 instrument & an amp, with the bag on my shoulder. I generally bring more stuff than I end up using but there's been one too many times when I've wished I'd...
  4. ramone

Song Help Request Need chord help!

yes, the uke is tuned differently than guitar but you do play the same chords, they just use a different shape. if you play a D chord on a guitar, the same shape will be a G chord on a uke. if you put a capo on the 5th fret of a guitar, the 4 highest strings will be the same as the open...
  5. ramone

Song Help Request Need chord help!

play the chords you named! the chord shapes on a uke are different from the shapes on a guitar but that's all. a C chord is a C chord regardless of which instrument it's played on. check out this web site and type the name of the chord in the box and you'll get the various ways to play the...
  6. ramone

which preamp?

hey y'all, I bought a Pono AT a few months ago and really like it. sounds wonderful acoustically. I opted for the Pono passive pickup so I could try recording it as well. when I checked it out through a Line 6 Spyder 2 amp, it sounded a little brighter than expected even after adjusting the...
  7. ramone

"Girl - The Beatles

thank you, seeso! I was just listening to this in the car and wondered if I would be able to find a chord chart! :shaka:
  8. ramone

Song Help Request Wang Dang Doodle - Wille Dixon

Willie Dixon wrote a bunch of great blues songs.
  9. ramone

Kamoa bass uke

these look interesting, has anybody played one? I'm wondering what the string tension is like and if they're similar to the Kala U-Bass. http://kamoaukulelecompany.com/ukuleles.php?sid=49 thanks, ramone
  10. ramone

maryland/dc area set up

hello, I'm in maryland, close to washington,dc, & northern va. I need to find somebody that does a good set up. any suggestions or recommendations are welcome! thanks, ramone
  11. ramone

set up & tuning question

hello, I bought a Cordoba 20TM tenor uke and I've noticed that even after tuning it, the strings seem to be out of tune with each other. I don't think the strings are slipping out of tune per se, they seem to hold pitch ok. the octaves from the G string and the A string are out. would a set...
  12. ramone

comparing beginner ukes

hello, I'm a new member and new to ukes. I've been reading lots of threads here and other boards but still have a bunch of questions. I wonder if the community could help me out... are the differences between concert and tenor sizes mainly the body dimensions or are there differences in the...
Top Bottom