Recent content by RayF

1. RayF

History of The Harmony Company

Thanks, the link worked now. I learned to play guitar on a huge Harmony arch top that was a real challenge to my 12 year old hands. My mom would take me to the nursing home where she worked to play for the residents. Thanks for bringing back those great memories for me!
  2. RayF

History of The Harmony Company

Couldn't open the link. I am very interested in the story. My first guitar in 1963 was a Harmony.
  3. RayF

ukulele tribute to music stars we lost in 2023

Thank you so much for that wonderful tribute! Gordon Lightfoot, my all time favorite. I'm thinking , how could that be topped. Then you have Roger Whittaker, how can that be topped. Then Terry Kirkman... What a great job you've done!
  4. RayF

Regards from Madison WI

Welcome, I'm here in Onalaska, WI
  5. RayF

Worried Man Blues

That got my toes tappin' and my hands clappin'! It was great!
  6. RayF

Daniel Estrem - Bach

Outstanding! Just beautiful!
  7. RayF

Melanie - 1971

Thanks for all the memories. I loved Melanie back then, but my rock and roll friends thought I was crazy.“Look what they've done to my song”, “Lay down”, “Brand new key”, and “The nickel song” (they're only putting in a nickel, and they want a dollar song). Those were some good times. Simple...
  8. RayF

Great historical ukulele quotes

From Fiddler On The Roof- Tevye: A uker on the roof. Sounds crazy, no? But here, in our little village of Anatevka, you might say every one of us is a uker on the roof, trying to scratch out a pleasant, simple tune without breaking his neck. Perchik: A ukulele is the world's curse...
  9. RayF

Tunes from Caslav Region for two Ukuleles

Great job on all these tunes Ondrej. You're very talented. Thank you for sharing your musical culture with us.
  10. RayF

Here, There and Everywhere (the Beatles)

One of my favorite Beatles tunes also. You've done a fantastic job with it.
  11. RayF

High G or Low G?

I like the Low G. The low note completes the sound of the chord. High G is great with a soprano, but other than that I'm a Low G kind of guy.
  12. RayF

What's your favorite Beatles Song?

So many great songs to choose from, but whenever this question comes up I always go with "Ticket To Ride".
  13. RayF

Tabs/Chords Early Music for low G Ukulele

Thank you very much for this new book. I've learned many pieces from some of your other books and am really looking forward to digging into this one. Thanks again!
  14. RayF

Newbie from Wisconsin!

From one cheesehead to another, welcome!
  15. RayF

Today's Chuckle

In high school I was in a rock band that played around my town. When we played at the school's "Battle of the Bands" we were not allowed to play Louie, Louie. We didn't really know all the words. Most bands just made them up. I think the school officials thought the song was dirty. (We also...
Top Bottom