rem50
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks, I've been thinking about getting one. Not so sure I understand the whole solid poplar veneer thing. I would really like to see a pic of the mahogany/eucalyptus combo. Make sure to do a good review when you get it, I know that "they" want you to. Haha
    Brian
    Saw you were getting a sailor brand, did you get it. Would lve to see pics, thinking of ordering one from mic

Thanks
    Brian
    It's a Cook Islands 8 stringed ukulele (similar to the Tahitian 8 stringed ukulele). We don't have fancy names for our ukuleles. A ukulele is a ukulele to us. On the otherhand we call the Hawaiian ukuleles Kamakas...but after joining this community I have come to realise that those type of ukuleles have different names according to their size, shape and sound etc. Amazing! As for our ukuleles, it all depends on how it's tuned whether you want a soprano or low sound...there is no different make for different sounds. The Cook Islands ukuleles also come in doubles (top/bottom), where the top one can be tuned to a lower sound and the bottom one to a higher sound or vice versa pending on your preference.

Have a nice day!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…