ripock's latest activity

• ripock
    ripock replied to the thread Ukulele Instruction.
    this sounds really bush-league/unprofessional. When the group gets together it is to meld and play the music that it was intending to...
  • ripock
    fair enough, given your criteria. Party on!
  • ripock
    I agree. I hate open strings.
  • ripock
    It is a great start. My only complaint is that it isn't comprehensive enough. For every chord quality that you list, I would want 4...
  • ripock
    ripock replied to the thread my ukulele progress.
    I finally figured out what I was looking for in that progression I was mentioning above. I was attempting to figure out where to go...
  • ripock
    thank you for the reminder. I do actually have a meat thermometer but I only use it for big meat like roasts. And I haven't made big...
  • ripock
    In my life, I have found two groups of people to be consistently douche-baggy and those groups are surfers and guitar players. So I...
  • ripock
    I had a bit of a frustrating time with an old problem. There's a progression that I play that's based in E harmonic minor. towards the...
  • ripock
    I have been away from the ukes for a few days and I didn't really feel like doing much. I just played around with E minor, A7 and B7...
  • ripock
    this is definitely a case of TMI for me but I really like the graph itself. It reminds me of the spirograph I used to have as a kid. I...
  • ripock
    ripock replied to the thread Capo for beginners.
    when I began playing, I purchased a capo because it was an accessory and accessorizing is part of the fun. But even though I've only...
  • ripock
    ripock replied to the thread tuning options for baritone.
    DFAD is the tuning I use. It is open D minor that I use for slide and for playing pentatonics. Since strumming isn't my priority I've...
  • ripock
    It is Saturday and I'm making a meal with a tad bit more effort. But just a tad. I made toasted millet. I toasted millet in some...
  • ripock
    ripock replied to the thread How to take the next step?.
    The next step is to groove with others. In your case "others" equals a metronome or a backing track on youtube. 1. pick a backing...
  • ripock
    Once I started playing with the Double Harmonic shape I could immediately see that I was in Ab. And for me the note between A and G is...