Recent content by Rllink

1. Rllink

Classical Guitar, Tenor Guitars & Baritone Uke

Well there is a reason they call it a discipline and I'm just too old to be disciplined.
  2. Rllink

Uke Like the Pros Questionable Business Practices

I've never even heard of this guy and I did both a Google and Yahoo search for "ukulele for sale". He didn't come up in four pages of results. I don't really understand the angst over him. He charges you to look online at the ukulele he has for sale? How does that even work and who would even...
  3. Rllink

Ukulele World Congress?

I went three years and camped in the back forty. I thought it was a little tribal and I never did make it into the tribe. I was under the impression that they were not particularly interested in growing. I mean, that's fine, I was just wondering.
  4. Rllink

Let me take a shot at CAGED.

I heard people talking about the CAGED system all the time I played ukulele. I sort of gave it a quick look over but never got into it because people made it sound so convoluted. So then when I started playing guitar it came up and I asked my guitar teacher what it was all about and if I should...
  5. Rllink

Ukulele World Congress?

Is it still going on? I went a few years but then just lost touch with it. Like it either fell off the face of the earth or they turned into a secret society. Anyway, I can't find anything on it.
  6. Rllink

Lifetime Warranty

I have a Taylor with the ES pickup so that is good to know. It is working fine right now though.
  7. Rllink

Why Ukulele?

One summer our neighbors started having a bonfire on Sunday evenings and inviting everyone in the neighborhood over to tip a few. That led to a raucous rounds of singing. I was in the music store one day and spotted a ukulele. I played guitar back in the day and thought, why not? I bought it...
  8. Rllink

Lifetime Warranty

I wonder. Both the Guild and the Taylor guitars I own have a lifetime warranty on the guitars, but not the electronics.
  9. Rllink

Amp recommendations

I think that several people have answered that question well enough. I have no experience with the Rogue practice amp. The Custom PA-50 is 50 watts, but you can turn it down if you want. For me, I would rather have a 50 watt and have the headroom and versatility to grow with it if that is where...
  10. Rllink

Bass Ukulele right for me?

What do you expect to do with a bass? It is somewhat limited in its use I think. At least with guitar it is most often a supporting instrument. My wife plays bass guitar. Unless there is something I don't know about bass ukuleles, what I've seen there is a lot of walking a bass line, plucking...
  11. Rllink

Frictions please!

Odd man out here, I kind of like them. It gives it a little of its own identity. I would leave them just as they are.
  12. Rllink

Pono guitars vs. like-priced Taylors/Martins, etc.

Name recognition isn't everything but it is something.To me there are a number of good guitars in that price range already. I'm partial to Guild, but Taylor, Fender, Martin, Eastman, Yamaha, Takamine, they are already saturating the market. So I think Pono has to stand above those to gain a...
  13. Rllink

Best singer playing the uke.

I like James Hill. I like his style.
  14. Rllink

String Prices

What constitutes pricey?
  15. Rllink

Amp recommendations

Check out the Kustom PA50. I've been busking with one for eight years. It should do the trick. $119 https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/kustom-pa-pa50-personal-pa-system