Recent content by roastbeast

1. roastbeast

High End Kala fail

Not finding much on your model listed when I do an Internet search. Also, with respect, this doesn't seem to be on the high end of Kala. Their high end line is called their "Elite" series which are made in the USA. I have a Limited T version of their Port Orford Cedar / Koa... not a fan of the...
  2. roastbeast

Hi everybody!

Aloha and welcome Helena. Does HB stand for Huntington Beach by any chance?
  3. roastbeast

Salute from SoCal!

Aloha! What part of So Cal? OC in the house!
  4. roastbeast

Trade Only: Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Updated to more accurate current retail value. Clara is mint.
  5. roastbeast

Trade Only: Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Mint condition Clara with additional top dots, radiused fretboard, and satin finish to trade for similar condition/value Farallon. Mahalo!
  6. roastbeast

WTB Kamaka Baritone & DHo 6 String Steel Baritone

Leave a msg or shoot me an email please at erikschanconsulting@gmail.com I have successfully bought and sold ukuleles on multiple platforms and look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo! -Erik
  7. roastbeast

Martin Flourocarbons vs Oasis Warms vs Martin Graphite Polygut

Aloha UU. I use Martin Flourocarbons on all my ukes. Been experimenting with different single string offerings for low G. I'm curious though if any of you have experience with Martins and Oasis GPX warms on same tenors and how would you say they differ in sound? Feel? Tension? Also, anybody use...
  8. roastbeast

What is the difference between a Kala Elite and Kala Elite Limited T?

Anybody know the difference other than different fretboard materials? Mahalo.
  9. roastbeast

Trade Only - Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Near mint Clara for trade for a Farallon. Bought this Clara for portability and convenience. Trading only because I prefer a tenor scale. If there's no trade I'll keep it as I'm very happy with its sound and build quality. My Clara has the following options (as shown in attached photo) -...
  10. roastbeast

Trade Only - Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Near mint Clara for trade for a Farallon. Bought this Clara for portability and convenience. Trading only because I prefer a tenor scale. If there's no trade I'll keep it as I'm very happy with its sound and build quality. My Clara has the following options (as shown in attached photo) -...
  11. roastbeast

FS FT 2 Custom Baritones and 1 Vintage Long Neck Soprano Banjolele

Three beautiful, one of a kind ukes for sale. Two custom Kelali baritones and 1 custom painted vintage 1920s Stromberg-Voisinet long neck soprano banjolele. Open to trade for a Kamaka HF-4 or a sinker redwood tenor. I've had two clean, successful purchases with other UU members and have had...
  12. roastbeast

Recommendations for high tension low G fluorocarbon strings to drop tune to DGBE?

Aloha UU. I use Martin Fluorocarbons (gCEA) for my tenors and because they are high tension, they work pretty well for drop tuning to dGBE. Anybody have any suggestions for high tension low G fluorocarbons that can be dropped to DGBE? I was thinking maybe I could use the wound D string from...
  13. roastbeast

Looking for a high quality painted uke

Aloha Max. I'm selling a custom painted antique banjolele. Will send you a PM.
  14. roastbeast

FS or FT: Antique 1920s Custom Painted Deluxe Stromberg-Voisinet Banjolele

Who wants to give this classy lady a new home?