Ronnie Aloha
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hauoli La Hanau Greetings Ronnie...Hope you are doing well and have a supah day with family and friends close to your heart....Yup yup get a birthday uke bruddah...
    Hauoli La Hanau Greetings Ronnie...Hope you are doing well and have a supah day with family and friends close to your heart....Yup yup get a birthday uke bruddah...
    Hey Ronnie,

No worries about timeliness. Yes, my great-uncle is Tom Sakamoto. The movie about the MIS has a screening up here in May and Uncle Tom said they interviewed him pretty extensively so I'm excited to see it. I think he was McArthur's interpreter when they went in to Hiroshima to observe the damage and maybe also in Thailand. I have some home footage that's labeled with McArthur's name that my uncle gave me. I also have some reels that say "Golf with Eisenhower: Blue Course" I'm going to try and get in touch with someone at the Smithsonian and see if they will handle the restoration and duplication of the films. My uncle said he doesn't really remember what's on it but he thinks it's personal footage that my aunt shot of them golfing and other social events.

-Gary
    Hey Ronnie,
    I was just wondering about the story behind your signature. Why the 100th/442nd slogan? At first I thought maybe you were a veteran, but then I snooped around your page and we're pretty close in age ('81 grad). A few of my great-uncle's were in the 442 and one of them was MIS. He was actually in the first class of MIS and served as Eisenhower's translator when Japan surrendered on board the USS Missouri. I've kind of become the unofficial family historian and I also teach an Internment Camp unit in my English class. Anyhow, just thought I'd ask. I enjoy reading your comments on the boards.

Take care,

-Gary
    Hi, Ronnie! Happy New Year! Hope all is going well with you and that you had a nice holiday season. I had a pretty long winter break, but school's starting up again tomorrow, so it's back to work for me.

Take care,

John
    Hi, Ronnie! I've been teaching English here in Japan for a long time. I currently work at 4 different universities on a part-time basis at each school. Do you ever visit Japan sometimes?

I'm actually a Farrington (class of '74 grad). I taught at McKinley High School for a year and a half before moving to Japan. I got the McKinley t-shirt from my sister-in-law, who worked as a librarian at McKinley for many years! Unfortunately, I don't have a Farrington t-shirt, but I would wear it proudly!

Take care and have a great weekend!

- John
    Just wondering if you ever got back to my thread to see the pics after I finally figured out how to post them (or rather was forced to figure it out)?
    Scott
    Hi Ronnie. Did you receive a reply from me to your message? I don't know if they are going through or not, I might have a problem on my end...
    Aloha Ronnie, Thank you for your thoughfulness. It was tough. Broke down during our blessing of our food. First gathering without my wife. After dinner, my 2 daughters, 2 granddaughters, 1 grandson, son inlaw, and I got our ukes to jam. That was fun. Hope yours went well. RyanMFT lives about 35 miles away and wants to meet up and jam. He also has 2 friends who are UUer's that want to jam also. Will set something up soon. Will let you know how it went. Met Ryan thru PM's, just like you. Take care and God bless.......BO.......
    Aloha Ronnie, Yes it is. And with Christmas coming up (her favorite time of year with all the decorations and lights), it's gonna be tough....
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…