Recent content by rps

1. R

I need a nudge over the edge.....

Hello all, If this posts strangely my iPad has been doing weird things.....including this thread....this is my 3rd time trying to post it. I’m looking to buy a RISA Solid Stick Tenor ukulele. I was wondering if actual users could offer their opinions as to the quality of this instrument and...
  2. R

Today's Chuckle

Maybe a sign of things to come.....
  3. R

Anyone know where you can get strings for the steel Seagull Electro Uke.

Hello all, I’ve been researching getting an electric-acoustic uke and am leaning toward the Seagull Electro. I’m also thinking about the steel stringed model. However, I’ve been looking to see where I can get replacement strings and I can’t find a spot anywhere.....even looking at the Seagull...
  4. R

Thoughts on Fender Fullerton Ukuleles

Hello all, I’ve been noticing a number of players with the Fender Fullerton acoustic-electric ukuleles. In Canada they sell for around $280 , which is fairly inexpensive. Any thoughts on these ukes, they come in strat, tele, and jazz master forms and are concert in scale.
  5. R

Quality question on Kala Thinline Travel Concert.

Hello all, I finally pushed the button and have a Kala Thinline Travel Concert uke ordered from our local Long and McQuade store. When I placed the order I have their usual 30 day return policy at no cost to me if I don’t like the uke. My question is does anyone have one and are there any...
  6. R

Speaking of quiet...Kala T tenor question.

Hello all, I am interested in purchasing a tenor uke; so I rented a Kala T from our local Long and McQuade to see if I would like it. I really like the tone and the fretboard....Bm is really easy for me on it. What I found was it is so quiet when in my uke group I can hardly hear it. Now my...
  7. R

Low g string for Gold Tone Little Gem.

Hello all, I’ve been scrolling through the threads for an answer to my question but haven’t found an answer. We have so many Low G questions you could start it’s own thread on it. My issue is I wish to put a Low G string on my Little Gem banjouke. I have been browsing through the Long and...
  8. R

Question on amplifying acoustic ukes.

Hello all, I’ve been wondering about acoustic-electric ukes? I’m leaning towards getting a better acoustic Uke and putting an attachable pickup on it. I have a few acoustic guitars and I have a Little Gem so I was thinking multiple application. The question is I really have no idea where to...
  9. R

Opinion on Epiphone Hummingbird Uke.

Hello all, I’ve been thinking of getting a tenor scale, and have been watching for sales at our local Long and McQuade store here in Windsor. This week they have Epiphone Hummingbird ukes on sale for $249 Canadian, which is $40 bucks off. I’ve read some reviews on these, and while not the...
  10. R

Question on Soprano Ukes.

Hello all, I currently have a Little Gem banjo-uke. I have been thinking about trying out a soprano and was wondering what I should look for in deciding which ones in our music store are of good quality. I do play guitar and have an idea of what a good guitar should look and sound like. I...
  11. R

Confused about Uke electronics (pickups)

Hello all. I am narrowing down my list of tenor ukes I would like to buy. I’ve been thinking about the pickups, if I go electric. When I look at the descriptions I find each manufacturer appears to have a different definition of what the electronics are. What I think I need is a passive system...
  12. R

Tuning question?...

Hello all, I am a newbie to Uke. I have a concert scale Little Gem....I also have 2 banjos....both 5 strings. What I would like to do is tune my older 5 string to a low g Uke tuning. So now I’m wondering what to do with the 5th string...do I leave it high G or some other key. My inclination is...
  13. R

Fluke Question.

Hello all, I am considering buying a Fluke Tenor. I have read quite a few reviews and all seem good. What I am wondering about is the polycarbonate fret board. A few reviews mentioned that they wear down fairly quickly. The chain where I am intending to buy does not stock the wood fret board...
  14. R

Tenor acoustic-electric recommendations.

Hello all, I’ve been thinking about getting a tenor scale acoustic-electric and was looking for some recommendations. I’ve been going over the web and have seen many brands but our national music stores do not carry. Now I am interested in the Godin MultiUke, but at $1300 can it is expensive...
  15. R

Anyone use a Godin Multiuke

I am interested in a Godin Multiuke but can't seem to find one to try out to see if I would like it. Any opinions on the Godin? Thanx.