Recent content by rustydusty

1. rustydusty

Tenor tuning on a baritone...

Installed a set of Aquila super nylagut GCEA baritone strings on my extra baritone uke today and tuned them to pitch. Re-entrant tuning and they sound pretty good. A coupla days to settle and they should be in good shape. Is there anything a tenor can do that this baritone can't? I'm assuming...
  2. rustydusty

What is the point of plastic ukes?

"Singing in the rain - just Singing in the rain..."
  3. rustydusty

NUD Hopefully End Of Next Week

Its gotta be a Mainland cause your tag line says: "Mainlands rule!"
  4. rustydusty

May have to learn lefthanded due to injury. Need advice.

It's also the only post he had. (Musta changed his mind...)
  5. rustydusty

What is the point of plastic ukes?

Personally, I would not leave any uke in a car, plastic or not...
  6. rustydusty

Just Sharing

I play the baritone uke and harmonica together pretty often. Same chord shapes, just different names.
  7. rustydusty

Harmonica kit...

Is he trying to learn blues harp, or does he want to play melodies... Lots of different types of harmonicas out there. Eastop harmonicas give you a lot of bang for the buck, whether a diatonic (blues harmonica) or a tremolo (melody style harmonica).
  8. rustydusty

That's standard baritone tuning... I was hoping to tune one of my three baritone ukuleles to gcea and avoid having to purchase a tenor. (Concert size is too small for me.)
  9. rustydusty

These were the strings Caramel provided to do the conversion. Definitely cheap looking and unlabeled. I have been looking at a Gretch solid top acoustic electric tenor uke, but I also find the Recording King tenor guitar interesting. And so it begins... might have to sell a couple of guitars...
  10. rustydusty

Well I tried it, almost got to "high g" and the string snapped. One octave lower and the strings were too floppy, so it looks like a tenor in my future...
  11. rustydusty

lately I've been thinking about getting a tenor uke and realized that my Caramel baritone came with an extra set of strings for re-entrant tuning (gcea). Should I tune these up to the same pitch as my concert uke or an octave lower?
  12. rustydusty

Semi-hollow electric vs acoustic / electric

At least with an "electric acoustic" you get some projection when playing unamplified...
  13. rustydusty

Capo for beginners

I used a capo occasionally while playing guitar with a band, but have never used one with my ukulele in the band I'm in now. I only play it a few songs a gig on the uke as I'm primarily the harmonica player anyway...
  14. rustydusty

Dating Harmony with Wooden Pegs

It appears to be in very nice, playable condition. I love the '50s style graphics.
  15. rustydusty

Thoughts on free living?!

I would definitely paint the container white with good insulation and an air conditioner. Got any pics?