S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's not always that hard on your fingers but time does help as you toughen up your callouses. Hang in there Sam...!!!
    Sam, For the B chord, you don't have to bar the whole second fret with your pointer finger. You only have to bar the bottom 2 strings with the pointer finger. Bratset was completely correct in what he told you, I just wanted to clarify the pointer finger thing. Having said all of this, I just noticed that you said that's how you do it now in a post below. I'm getting senile. Forgive me, just keep practicing, it'll come to you. Rock on...!!!
    hehe... Well the way I play it (played Uke for 4 months) is that I barre the 2nd fret with my pointer, middle finger on the c-string 3rd fret and ring finger on the g-string 4th fret.
    Only advice I can give you is to practice, you may not like that advice, but it's realy the only thing that helps :D
    I have tried barreing all strings, but have more success with barreing just the first two then using middle for c and ring for g. The tune is Creep . . . G B C Cm. When B works, I don't know why, I usually have muffled strings (somewhere). I have more success when I point my fingers towards the sound hole and I know they should be straignt on the the frets. Will practice. Thanks!
    I'm far from legendary.

The way I play a b chord - barre the 2nd fret with my pointer, middle finger on the c-string 3rd fret and ring finger on the g-string 4th fret. The more you play, the easier it becomes. Don't worry if you don't get it right away. Just keep practicing a song that uses it over and over and it will happen.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…