Recent content by Sargon

1. S

I don't think this is cool at all

Here is another one. (He must have felt very strongly about this).
  2. S

Even better, just refill the popcorn bag.🍿
  3. S

Studies show that 7/10 uke players think a few "diversions" from the "topic at hand,"o_O from time to time, provide a nice respite.:sleep: Of course your mileage will vary. ;)
  4. S

I've just been informed we're cellmates at Kala State Prison. Top bunk! Dibbs!
  5. S

I have yet to see an Ohana baritone with a truss rod like the Kalas. Some of the ones I've seen in videos appear to have very dry looking fretboards - grey looking dark wood. (Perhaps just a "batch" that came like this). The baritones I've seen also have smaller sound holes than the Kalas. Not...
  6. S

I'm not familiar with the situation about Kala. I have no regrets buying all of my Kala baritone ukes. I'm a huge baritone fan and Kala really delivers with such a wide variety of them in different tonewood and string configurations. Can't imagine how small the baritone market would look...
  7. S

. . . and then soprano players to Baritone. 🥰
  8. S

"Free ukes for the Proletariat!" ;)
  9. S

(Crazy I was in the middle of watching one of his new Baritone 8 string videos when I clicked back to this forum and found your post). Not sure what type of music it is but I know why Matt is playing it. In his sample videos demonstrating different brands, sizes, and models of ukes, he plays...
  10. S

1000% agree Cadia. Matt over at World of Ukes has been unbelievably accommodating and I've had no problems with my many Oahu uke case orders I've placed with the Ukulele Site. There are some other stores I've read about on here that sound just as wonderful. Must be a uke thing! (Seriously). I...
  11. S

Good advice for sure. But I think some "contrasting" examples posted here provide some good perspective about all of this. I'm also certain that some have passed this way and thought that some of our "expectations" are unrealistic or unreasonable. Clearly they are not, as some wonderful dealers...
  12. S

So true Surfer Jay! I feel "better" hearing about your "60" emails to them.😄 (I fear that I burned them out a bit with all of mine), though they were less. But I couldn't help myself. It feels like half of the ones I sent to them were expressions of overwhelming appreciation for their unreal...
  13. S

Southern is absolutely amazing. I bought one of my first ukes from them and they WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to allow me to see and hear between two baritone ukes that were the same wood and model, so I could personally get the sonic and visual "pick of the litter". I did inquire as to which one...
  14. S

Perfect time for a "distraction".
  15. S

Someone will. When it comes to collectables or something someone has their heart set on, and there is a chance to buy it new instead of used, and they don't believe they can get it anywhere else, there WILL be someone who will be willing to pay. The seller only needs to hold out until that...