Recent content by Sayyadina

1. Sayyadina

Sold MP (Mike Pereira) 8-string tenor uke. Like new

I have decided to part with my MP 8-string tenor, since I hardly ever play it. I am looking for a nice home for this beautiful instrument, which was built by Mike in Nov. 2011. It has a few small dents/scratches below the fretboard and soundhole. The back & sides are East Asian Rosewood with a...
  2. Sayyadina

Always With Me-Joe Hisaishi (from Spirited Away, arranged for Sayyadina by thatguy431

I have tried the song several times now. The tab is really good, sounds wonderful and the song is well within my capabilities to master, it will just take some time. Thanks again dude! And whenever you have that tweaked version you were talking about let me know.
  3. Sayyadina

Always With Me-Joe Hisaishi (from Spirited Away, arranged for Sayyadina by thatguy431

Awesome! Thank you so much for that dude. It must have taken you quite some time... Once I am home from university I will try that right away. :)
  4. Sayyadina

Some tabs available

Thank you for sharing all those tabs! Nice work, keep them coming!
  5. Sayyadina

Diary of a first build

Hi everybody. After building from a cheap kit quite a while ago I got interested in building again. This time I wanted to do the real thing and build a tenor uke from scratch. I have no/minimal woodworking experience and no power tools available besides a Dremel tool. I also live in a very small...
  6. Sayyadina

Song Help Request Spirited Away ending theme

Hi guys! I know this has been asked for several times before, always without success but I want tabs for that so badly that I thought I'd just try again. Here is the video of that beautiful melody played on ukulele: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB_CSxT4qiQ I'd appreciate any help on how to...
  7. Sayyadina

How to prevent cracking while bending?

Hi all. I started building my first uke and I am finding it really hard to bend the side with my home made heat gun bending iron. I tried several times now. I always spray the wood with water before bending and repeat that when necessary. The iron gets rather hot. First tries were with veneer...
  8. Sayyadina

Song Help Request eleanor rigby by the beatles

There are great videos on youtube where some girl named Taimane plays Eleanor Rigby but I didn't find tabs for that. I think she transposed a few steps higher. Maybe someone wants to tab one of those out? :) Or just figure out the chords. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRzWWBhwkk...
  9. Sayyadina

Pocket chord chart

Thank you for putting this up! It must have taken you so much time to do all this. :cool:
  10. Sayyadina

Veneer for Building?

Hey Guys. I am trying to build my first Uke from scratch and have some difficulties finding the right kind of wood. I have been talking to several carpenters on the phone and most of them try to sell me some kind of veneer (2mm thick) as top and back. The thickness is ok, but I am not sure if...
  11. Sayyadina

Song Help Request BEIRUT's "the penalty".

D DUDU / D DUDU works quite well. Once you get used to that you can go from there and play around with it to make it sound more like the way Zach is playing it in the video.
  12. Sayyadina

Eels - My Beloved Monster

Nice! Thank you for this beautiful Eels song.
  13. Sayyadina

Song Help Request Sunday Smile - Beirut

Thank you Woodshed! I already learned most of those songs form your fantastic site. Too bad you didn't tab out that alternative version yet :)!
Top Bottom