Recent content by ScooterD35

1. ScooterD35

Playability . Easy Playing , Easy Strumming Ukuleles ?

Virtually anything from the Magic Fluke Company will have near perfect action and intonation right from the factory in Massachusetts. Scooter
  2. ScooterD35

Who hasn't bought a uke in ....

Me! The last Uke I bought was my soprano “Uke Can Change the World” Flea in late 2020. Scooter
  3. ScooterD35

Uke Like the Pros Questionable Business Practices

In stark contrast to this… A couple of years ago I was in the market for a Martin Konter Uke and called Elderly Instruments. The salesman I spoke to was Mike who said ”Sure! We have 5 in stock right now. I told him I was hoping to find one with a lighter colored top so that the engraved...
  4. ScooterD35

What kind of strings did Ohta-san use?

I’m gonna go with ukulele strings… Scooter
  5. ScooterD35

Why Ukulele?

I don’t understand the question… Scooter
  6. ScooterD35

100% original?

I’ve seen that Uke turn up for sale a few times over the years (the back grain is a dead giveaway) and it is definitely NOT 100% original. Scooter
  7. ScooterD35

Case manufacturers: An open request to consider

My vintage Style 1 lives in one of these. Great, classic looking case! Scooter
  8. ScooterD35

Sounds like you’re going to have to go with a custom from a private builder working from your desired specs. That could get fairly expensive. Scooter
  9. ScooterD35

I have one of these Gator Journeyman cases for my Martin Konter Uke and I don’t find it bulky at all. The included strap is a big plus as well. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GWJMUKESOP--gator-journeyman-deluxe-wood-case-soprano-ukulele Barry Maz agrees...
  10. ScooterD35

How many main/number 1 ukuleles do you have?

You phrased it very clearly! My reply is meant to be humorous, especially given the 11 Ukes listed in my signature. For the record, I have never sold a single ukulele and feel no compunction whatsoever to rank them. (I feel the same way about my guitars.) Scooter
  11. ScooterD35

How many main/number 1 ukuleles do you have?

I don’t understand the question… Scooter
  12. ScooterD35

WTB- Martin 5-17 or 5-18 guitar

Congratulations! As you get more comfortable with it, I highly recommend trying the “Nashville“ Terz tuning at some point. It makes it sound like a mini harpsichord almost. BTW, keep in mind that if you put a capo on the second fret you‘re in linear ukulele tuning. Scooter
  13. ScooterD35

Did you get the 5-15 yet? I hope you make a NGD post and review as I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. Scooter
  14. ScooterD35

Eddie Vedder is definitely a fan of the size 5, and he appears to have the limited edition Sting Mini. Scooter
  15. ScooterD35

How much?