Recent content by ScooterD35

1. ScooterD35

Too Many Instruments

That’s every bit as absurd as saying that a Dreadnought in DADGAD tuning isn’t really a guitar, and that the Spanish style, gut string instrument is the only true guitar. In fact, Manuel Nunes, the Portuguese luthier that came from Madeira to Hawaii and helped combine the Macheté and the Rajāo...
  2. ScooterD35

how big are your ukulele collections?

Currently, I’m holding steady at 11. Details in my signature below. Scooter
  3. ScooterD35

C.F. Martin Logo Has Begun To Lift

Mim’s Ukes, here in the States, is the only Martin dealer approved just for the ukulele lineup. She’s very much a Uke specific dealer, and a very trusted and successful one at that! Scooter
  4. ScooterD35

C.F. Martin Logo Has Begun To Lift

A few minutes with a blow dryer and it should peel right off. Be very careful about what you use to clean any residual adhesive off afterwards. I believe the Mexico made Martins are finished with a synthetic ting oil of some sort, but I’m not absolutely sure about that. scooter
  5. ScooterD35

The Magic Fluke Company Appreciation thread

Two things for my fellow Magic Fluke aficionados… For anyone that is also on Facebook, I invite you to come join the growing Magic Fluke Community group over there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/128422102484938 And… my main jamming buddy took delivery the other day on a tenor Koa Fluke with...
  6. ScooterD35

Pictures of Ukuleles destroyed beyond repair!

That'll buff right out!! Scooter
  7. ScooterD35

Has the ability to close thread been disabled?

My apologies. From the tenor of your post, you seemed confused as to why the feature wasn’t working. I genuinely thought my reply offered clarity on the situation. Scooter
  8. ScooterD35

Has the ability to close thread been disabled?

The option didn’t “go away” exactly. What happened is that the entire forum was moved to a new platform, in effect making it a whole new forum that may or may not have all of the same features as the old forum. It’s going to take some time (possibly months) for the admins to learn the ins and...
  9. ScooterD35

How young is too young for a first uke?

The McNally Strumstick! No wrong notes!
  10. ScooterD35

Magic Fluke Instruments

I definitely agree that every Ukulele player should have at least one Magic Fluke instrument! Scooter
  11. ScooterD35

Slotted Headstocks

You’re definitely wrong! I own 2 Martin steel string acoustics with slotted headstocks, and they currently have around a dozen slothead models in their lineup. This is me with my Martin D-15S. Scooter
  12. ScooterD35

got Hawaiian shirts?

I have a few. This one’s my favorite... That’s me acting as MC at Uke New Jersey Too! Scooter
  13. ScooterD35

Martin IZ Commemorative Tenor #500

I looked at the pictures on FMM. That spot on the side actually looks like the finish has peeled off. Here’s a close up of the area: Scooter
  14. ScooterD35

Ukulele with flush fingerboard

The Firefly banjo Ukes from The Magic Fluke Company have flush fingerboards. Scooter