Recent content by scrambled_eggs

1. scrambled_eggs

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Mahalo for listening!
  2. scrambled_eggs

Anyone played a new Oli uke?

I think I've had my L2 for a month now! Obviously I love it so much, I've barely gone back to play tenor since having it. Another recording below!
  3. scrambled_eggs

Baritones and intonation

I know that Hawaii Music Supply podcast posted about this in one of their podcasts a while ago. I remember them mentioning the importance of the truss rod in baritones due to the higher tension, increased scale length, and higher action needed in a baritone for a good setup. I'm paraphrasing...
  4. scrambled_eggs

5. scrambled_eggs

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD 'Oli Spruce and Ebony baritone (heliconia)

Some Cyndi Lauper for lunch
  6. scrambled_eggs

A Pair of Ponos

It does, but so does the other model mentioned by @mlolya In the above list I'm just trying to note as what I see as being the big cost difference between the two :)
  7. scrambled_eggs

A Pair of Ponos

I'm not a pro, but here are the biggest differences regarding cost difference to my eye. The cost difference is because of the materials and time involved by a luthier. back binding side purfling top and bottom much more delicate rope rosette, including layers of purfling inlay in headstock...
  8. scrambled_eggs

A Pair of Ponos

I think the master series may have a graduated top, so you'll end up having to draw a topographical map if that's the case!
  9. scrambled_eggs

Enya mahogany ukes

I was actually able to just find the thread!
  10. scrambled_eggs

Enya mahogany ukes

I saw someone on reddit broke one of their cheaper Enya "solid mahogany" ukes. The supposed "solid" uke had a veneer on top, which I consider a laminate! I used to really recommend Enya because I thought they seemed like a good value, but it might just be some tricky marketing on some of the...
  11. scrambled_eggs

"Open and airy" is perfect! I was struggling to think of a good word to describe the sound but that's it.
  12. scrambled_eggs

Just sharing another nice sound sample recording of my 'Oli since this seems to be a popular thread for those looking! Recorded on my iphone, no additional audio filters or reverb added
  13. scrambled_eggs

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD 'Oli Spruce and Ebony baritone (heliconia)

Another fun recording on this instrument!
  14. scrambled_eggs

Headed to Hawaii - Tell me what I should buy

@hands_on_lanzon I was to TUS recently at the Haleiwa store, but sorry no clue yall! I am not an organized person so I didn't think to call ahead at all 🤷‍♀️ I imagine their schedules also shift since a lot of them are gigging musicians that work there, so if you would like to arrange to meet...
  15. scrambled_eggs

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD!!!! Pono Spruce Top Mahogany Tenor ProClassic

Huge congrats on your new baby!!! Sure is beautiful! I'm sure it will bring you lots of joy! I'm a big fan of Pono/'Oli/Ko'olau, maybe I'll have the trifecta someday 😅 But I completely agree regarding the setups! If you've put in real time on a fret board and get to play an instrument set up...
Top Bottom