Recent content by seoulsister

1. seoulsister

Uke/Guitar Strumming

So... I'm a guitarist of about threeish years and have been a uker :D of about two and a halfish weeks. I've fallen in love with that little thing.... I've been playing some ragtime songs on the uke and I really love the difference between strumming the guitar and the uke. Some might say...
  2. seoulsister

My New Uke~ and my first vid!

I took the plunge three days ago and bought a uke. Here's my first vid and official playing. Btw, I'm thinking about naming her 'Sweet', well cuz she IS sweet. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_bHIjfJQ4
  3. seoulsister

Looked at Uke today- advice?

I had a long day looking at ukes. I almost *hate* my taste in quality because it leads me to be very discerning! ;) Most of the ukes were made in Indonesia and Korea as well. I live in Korea btw) There were lot of sopranos and concerts. The only tenor I found (which was the size I was...
  4. seoulsister

How can I tell the difference? Tenor? Concert?

I'm going to look at Ukes tomorrow. There will be a bit of a language barrier and so I really would like to know how to tell the difference between soprano, concert, tenors and baritones. Is there an easy way I can tell at a glance? I appreciate all responses!
  5. seoulsister

Tuners and slothead uke questions pls~

I've seen various comments on tuners and what is preferred and I am more confused than anything! Do you mind summarizing in a nutshell please? Also- are there any benefits to a slothead uke? I kind of like it since it looks like a classical guitar and am curious. TIA~
  6. seoulsister

Anyeong from South Korea!

Hi folks, I am in the market for a uke... been looking online and so far am smitten by the Kala tenor solid spruce. I live in South Korea so I've been looking online and reviews on youtube by all you kind folks which really makes it helpful. I do hope to get to Daegu this week and look at...
Top Bottom