Recent content by shanmoon

1. shanmoon

NUD: OMG the Lion is so very very ORANGE!

Lol, still have a few to go... I would love to get a Light Bird Concert and a Koa Bird Tenor! I hear rumors of a blue bird coming out soon too....
  2. shanmoon

Is it still UAS if I want one with completely different tuning...?

Lol, that's my original justification for so many ukes.... different tunings on different tonewoods on different sizes! But yeah, it is nice to have that option to switch linear/re-entrant/etc without having to re-string the ukes and risk dinging the top/bridge/neck with frequent string changes...
  3. shanmoon

Is it still UAS if you buy a uke for someone else?

I buy the ocassional uke for a niece who plays and for a kids group I support. Of course each of the ukes I buy gets a "test drive" for a few days just to make sure I got them a good one. ;)
  4. shanmoon

Just because someone asked me: the fretboard of the LOUT IS definitely a bit wider at the nut than the moonbird ( A visual comparison with them face to face made this quite evident). Visually comparing neck depth and profiles, the LOUT looks a litte deeper and a bit more "C chaped" than the "D...
  5. shanmoon

A quick blurb....Flight Concert Voyager CEQ

Looking forward to hearing about it.
  6. shanmoon

It's actually about the same length as the headstock on my Moon Bird Concerts (the only concert size I have to compare). It is a little bider wider at its widest point. I shotthe photo from an angle that might be contributing to elongating the headstock.
  7. shanmoon

Every now and then I purchase an uke for local kids group to play. Not that long ago I got a good deal on an all solid Flight uke (spruce top and acacia body). Naturally I had to hold on to it for a few days to "test" it out, before handing it over to them. It's not a bad little uke. Happily...
  8. shanmoon

SOLD: Islander tenor ukulele FNSARM 2015

This has sold. Thanks UU!
  9. shanmoon

FS or FT: Koaloha Tenor KTM-00 w/Koaloha Hard Case (price drop)

Might consider a Loprinzi as well. Had one for awhile that I kind of regret selling.
  10. shanmoon

FS or FT: Koaloha Tenor KTM-00 w/Koaloha Hard Case (price drop)

This Koaloha is in linear tuning, low-g. Date inside is April 2017. It is in good condition and includes a Koalhoa branded hard case. Not sure if the strings are Koaloha strings or Worth Brown clears, could be either. Stored in the case with Oasis humdifier. I like this uke, but I also have a...
  11. shanmoon

SOLD: Islander tenor ukulele FNSARM 2015

I didn't realize I still had this one.... I thought I had sold it, but found it sitting in the back of my closet when I did a little organization last night. It is an Islander FNS-ARM, I believe from 2015. I remember buying this some type back when I was trying to find a good travel ukelele, and...
  12. shanmoon

How do you store your extra strings?

I've got a box that made to hold about 50 audio cds and came with a few dividers. I use the dividers to seprate the different sizes and tunings. Works pretty well.
  13. shanmoon

Ooo...a blue one could be pretty cool looking..... no, wait! I was just getting my UAS under control.....argh! But in all seriousness, I do really love this orange uke, it sounds amazing. I was comparing it to my Moonbird Tenor and Cedar Moonbird Concert tonight. Compared to the tenor, nut...
  14. shanmoon

So I was looking and looking for a UT3K : the aNueNue Koa Bird Tenor. I love my spruce/rosewood Moon Birds. I really wanted to try out an all Koa ukulele with the same style and feel as the Moonbirds. However, the 3K models of the Koa Birds are hard to find. Then I came across a video of the...