Recent content by Skrik

1. Skrik

Samson G-Track with an iPad

I have a Samson G-Track USB microphone that I want to use on my iPad. I'm thinking of buying a powered USB-hub, since iOS7 puts out too little power to drive a lot of USB periferals. I cannot find any information on whether this will work, but I have seen speculation that the audio won't make...
  2. Skrik

Bogdon Vasquaf deserves more exposure

Rocking a wrecked baritone: Oh, and I found tabs: http://www.e-chords.com/ukulele/hurricane-smith/oh-babe-what-would-you-say
  3. Skrik

Cracked top

For her birthday in January, I bought my oldest daughter a Mainland soprano ukulele with a red cedar top. She's been busy with school, so the ukulele has sat for a while. I picked it up this evening, to play with whilst chatting to her, and I noticed a hairline crack in the top, from the...
  4. Skrik

All on its lonesome

Life sucks when you're stressed out at the airport, and forget your best ukulele in the hire car. I noticed ten minutes after I'd dropped the keys in the box, two hours before anyone would turn up at the depot.
  5. Skrik

If you HAD to only have one uke which one would it be?

It'd be one that is still waiting to be made. It's nearly a year behind schedule, and I'm forcing myself to be patient, knowing the wait will be worth it. (God, it's hard!) It'll look something like this:
  6. Skrik

Wouldn't even want to touch this one.

http://www.fretboardjournal.com/blog/michihiro-matsudas-experimental-ukulele
  7. Skrik

Guitalele right hand technique

I keep coming back to this video, trying to suss out what Matthew Andrae is doing with his right hand. He appears to be using the first couple of strings as drones, and playing chord roots with his thumb on the fourth to sixth strings. Oh, and tapping on the top with his nails. Whatever he's...
  8. Skrik

Shine on Harvest Moon, with my sunshine

Here I am completely upstaged by my 11-month old daughter.
  9. Skrik

Big Bad Bill (is Sweet William Now)

My latest attempt, and by way of a test of my new setup. IPad front camera, Pinnacle Studio, one take.
  10. Skrik

I've arrived!

Two kids came to the school office yesterday, and asked to speak with the Ukulele Man. That made my day.
  11. Skrik

Toucan Uke

Look out for the instrument we all love. http://vimeo.com/11413578
  12. Skrik

What is your favorite SHAPE of uke?

The classic Gibson shape. Nothing comes close to it in terms of beauty. IMHO, of course.
  13. Skrik

Song Help Request Embryonic Journey

Anyone feel up to the task of transcribing this impressive number for the ukulele?
  14. Skrik

Keeping track of strings

I don't have many ukuleles, but I have forgotten what kind of strings I have on all but the latest one I have changed strings on. I do have a couple of ideas on how to improve the situation, but how do you keep track of which brand you have on which ukulele?
  15. Skrik

Party Pieces

Here's one I'm working on: Post yours.
Top Bottom