Recent content by smithpaul60

1. smithpaul60

I need help maintaining the Live Lesson List

I need a favor from some ukers. I am currently without a personal computer (I'm using a nook right now). So needless to say that I can't update this link. Could I bother on of you guys to continue the list and when I get a new computer I will port them over to the front page? Alternatively if...
  2. smithpaul60

UKelele and the interview.

So Tuesday I had a job interview for a Cybersecurity position. I think it went great b ut that's not what I'm talking about. During the interview the question popped up about how I can contribute to a positive work place environment. I gave an answer about how I've lived around the world and can...
  3. smithpaul60

Subterrainian Homesick Blues structure id please

I found this tab for the song so i know the chords and can play the song, it is rather easy. But I can't figure out the structure. It seems almost like a 12 bar blues but that doesn't fit in a few places. So I am asking the genusis' of UU if they have any idea or if i am just an idiot. thanks.
  4. smithpaul60

cross your fingers

I've got a job interview today. I'm finally going to use my degree.
  5. smithpaul60

Full List of Live Lessons

From the UU front page you can search the Monthly Uke Lessons and Uke minutes rather efficiently but the live lessons are more informal. Add to that that Aldrine dosen't always teach the lesson he had planned the title of the song learned isn't added to the post. So I have gone through them...
  6. smithpaul60

Johnny B.Goode

I would like to learn to play Johnny B. Goode by chuck berry and I have found this tab for the solo and this tab for the verses. I am fairly sure they are in different keys but I don't know enough to recognize which is which or how to reconcile them. I have spent a good bit of time (about two...
  7. smithpaul60

Going to Myrtle Beach

My family and I will be in Myrtle Beach the week of May 10th, Any get uke happenings down there? It will be just after graduation and i am taking a week off.
  8. smithpaul60

Happy Easter

I just wanted to say happy Easter to everyone. Regardless of religious inclination today is a great day to spend time with family (even the wooden kind) and think of what others have done for us.
  9. smithpaul60

new mandolin

My parents brought me a family heirloom. My Great Grandpas roundback Mandolin. I need some help identifying it's history. info: Inside sticker = C. Bruno / New York / #0 (7/8) Head stamp = C. Bruno / New York Tail Stop?? = pat Oct 26 89 (assuming 1889) The small bit of research i have found...
  10. smithpaul60

Blatant pleading for donations with a ukulele - CMJ cover

Mods can move/remove if they so desire, but I'm posting it any way.Aldrine gave me permission to cover CMJ, which i think did an injustice to, specifically for this video. Thank you kind sir!! please visit marchforbabies.com/smithlinda
  11. smithpaul60

need a challenge, try his one.

I need something I really just want the chords 'cause I'll never reach this level of awesomeness.
  12. smithpaul60

I want to brag for a bit, sorry.

I just found out that I will be graduating Cum Laude!!!!! My goal was simply to graduate with colors around my neck and Now I'll be graduating with Beta Gamma Sigma and Cum Laude colors. Okay I'm done. I promise I'll go back to my quiet self. thanks
  13. smithpaul60

a moment with my son

So i was playing with a webcam and here's what happened..... (audio is really low so watch out)
  14. smithpaul60

I need any and every tip for tremolo

ok so i have seen just about every video on the tremolo for both the guitar and ukulele. I have the basic movement and have been practicing for a few weeks ( i have been trying different techniques to see which fits me best). My problem when ever i try the tremolo my ukulele shakes something...
  15. smithpaul60

Thanks UU guys

My wife contacted the UU store (probably Rayan) and asked about gift cards (which they don't sell). She simply wanted to know. UU wrote back and said they don't BUT they included a photo-shopped gift "card" with a place for "allowance" to be written in (simply a picture not an actual card). They...