Recent content by Spieler

1. Spieler

Review- aNueNue Blue Arona Concert Ukulele (UC-10)

Aw, I'm glad if I helped (especially since you like yours, too!). An in-progress shot-- half-n-half-- might have lent some visual clues, but unfortunately I don't have one for you. With the whole thing done, I can't seem to take a picture that shows other than a mahogany back, ie, any...
  2. Spieler

What was involved in removing the “pickguard?” Thinking about doing it. Here's what I wrote at the time, which will hold us in better stead than my memory :)--- though I'd now emphasize that I pulled/rolled/tugged/lifted slowly and gently: -- I haven't scritched the top (yet), but even...
  3. Spieler

Nicely done, Vic! If one adjusts expectations aright-- including, keeps in mind that this is an entry-level instrument, and also that spruce over mahogany will be bright (ie, non-traditional, and... bright)-- I'd be hard-pressed to think of a better value. Which is a colder way of saying that...
  4. Spieler

String spacing too wide

Forget all that, tell us more about C E R E A L. 🤔 :LOL:
  5. Spieler

Sofi

Aw, George. Love to you all. ~ S.
  6. Spieler

To Those Who Admired Daisy - RIP Sweet Dog

George, I am so very sorry. It's a pain like no other. ~ S.
  7. Spieler

Stuck in the Middle with You (Stealers Wheel)

How wonderful! .... my primary takeaway is that I need to get to work on my fret hand strumming. (I loved the 'hug strum' action immediately before the froom froom section.) :giggle: ~ S.
  8. Spieler

ukulele jewelry - rings

Here ya go: Jared's Ring Shop (Also via link to a different forum thread, posted just above here.) An odd older thread revival, but some of these rings are definitely cool. ~ S.
  9. Spieler

Mother and Child Reunion (Paul Simon)

So nicely done! I enjoyed playing along with you this morning. :) ~ S.
  10. Spieler

NUD

How lovely— and what a treat, to play in person before buying. Enjoy! ~ S.
  11. Spieler

Mind blowing string change: Have you tried this?

Sure, as long as they're installed on an aNueNue Moon Bird Concert.... ( :LOL: - based on my Moon Bird soprano, and from what I can tell from afar, each of the Moon Birds punches at least one size about its weight in terms of presence.) I'll have to give these strings another look, specific...
  12. Spieler

Take It Easy (the Eagles)

Your backing vocal(ist)s were a sweet addition. Nicely done! ~ S.
  13. Spieler

Please, somebody buy this

They are... so... Orange! But my goodness, they sound fantastic....
  14. Spieler

NUD (Belated): KoAloha Naupaka Pineapple

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us. ... I love how the grain of the Mango on front looks like the wake of a small boat. :) ~ S.