Recent content by Steedy

1. Steedy

SOLD: Romero Creations Spalted Mango Replica (RTMG)

That's a pretty one, and gorgeous photos too! I have one of those and also a Mango Tiny Tenor, and they both sound great; amazingly resonant ukes. Mike Hater at Mainland Ukes told me once that their Mango instruments seem to be more stable than other tonewoods in response to changes in...
  2. Steedy

Pono ATSH-SP Spruce/Acacia Deluxe tenor * OFF MARKET *

Wow, that's a lovely instrument, and nice photos too. Pono Tenors are magic!
  3. Steedy

Baritone help

As previously said, make sure the knot is not hung on the end of the bridge pin. It'll pull the pin straight out. Instead make sure the end of the bridge pin extends past the knot, and the knot is snugged up against the pin at the underside of the top.
  4. Steedy

All solid rosewood ukuleles

Here's a Limited Edition Pono RTD (Rosewood Tenor Deluxe) that I purchased from The Ukulele Site back in 2012. Extremely rare, only a handful were made with top, back & sides of solid Indian Rosewood. I call it my chocolate uke!
  5. Steedy

**SOLD** I'iwi 3-Hole Tenor All Master Grade Koa

Wow, a gorgeous instrument and awesome photos. If I weren't so short on cash, I'd be pouncing on that one!
  6. Steedy

what are you reading?

I just finished 'Crazy Rich Asians' and 'China Rich Girlfriend', by Kevin Kwan. Both are fun reads! Also, just returned from the local public library where I stocked up on some good reading material: I may have gotten a little bit carried away! :LOL:
  7. Steedy

Strap Recommendations?

+1 for Uke Leash straps. I prefer the Uke Leash Guitar Style Strap, cause it let's me play my ukes "hands free"!
  8. Steedy

Kanile’a 2022 Platinum

Meanwhile, 2022 Platinum #1 has been languishing on The Ukulele Site for several days. Someone needs to pounce on it before it's gone! https://theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/kanilea/kanile-a-2022-platinum-1-koa-super-tenor.html
  9. Steedy

Kanile’a 2022 Platinum

The latest UU newsletter includes this link that breaks down Kanilea's UU acquisition: https://ukuleleunderground.com/2022/02/uu-kanilea/?mc_cid=7e3326fa0c&mc_eid=3a79967a3a
  10. Steedy

what are you reading?

I just finished 'The Age of Innocence' by Edith Wharton, a superbly written novel. Now reading 'A Wrinkle In Time' by Madeleine L'Engle, the first book in her 'Time Quintet' series.
  11. Steedy

what are you reading?

I really enjoyed The Shadow Of The Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I'll have to check out some of his other books!
  12. Steedy

what are you reading?

"The Shadow Of The Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It is very intriguing, so far.
  13. Steedy

Myth, magic, truth...ukulele "opening up"

Yes, I've bought a few solid Koa ukes that sounded somewhat muted and non-resonant at first, but then became much sweeter with more resonance and sustain after a few hours, days, and sometimes months of playing time, and without any string changes or other alterations.
  14. Steedy

Neutral Strings for Soprano/Concert ?

Living Water Strings.
  15. Steedy

You know you're old when...

"Well you know, that you're over the hill When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" -Little Feat