Recent content by Strumdaddy

1. Strumdaddy

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

I thought a few people might post this one - so I gave a waltz feel to do something different. Fabulous song in any feel (reggae anyone?)
  2. Strumdaddy

Case recommendations for vintage Martin tenor?

I have my martin tenor in this Kala case https://reverb.com/item/4917506-kala-act-alligator-hard-case-for-tenor-ukulele - fits snugly, has nice "vintagey" vibe....
  3. Strumdaddy

For those who read my previous Favilla Saga

I bought a Favilla bari that was in perfect condition - until it's rear end was crushed in transit to the seller. He took lots of pics and I could see that it was fixable. It survived the trip from U.S. to Australia, but got misplaced by my post office in the middle of confusion around massive...
  4. Strumdaddy

Please, somebody buy this

I have one of these. Seriously good !!! Lots of finger room on wide fretboard (concert scale) Great sound. Serenade your snooty little cutie with this one.
  5. Strumdaddy

miss my Favilla B2 baritone

The intonation on my 50's one is as spot on. It's one of the wonderful surprises about 60 - 70 year old Favillas: how well made they are!
  6. Strumdaddy

Why Vintage?

P.S. I forgot to mention that the Favilla sounds even more fantastic now!! Perhaps it's happy to have been saved...
  7. Strumdaddy

Why Vintage?

I love vintage ... anything. But I'm not a purist. I have vintage stereo gear, and some well built newer stuff that will last to become "vintage". Same with clothes: well tailored items that last. I had a 1956 Mercedes that purred, and the doors went "clunk" - it didn't have air-con though so...
  8. Strumdaddy

Some specific questions related to playing out

Good on you for saying "yes"
  9. Strumdaddy

Vintage Baritones, Favilla vs Harmany/Silvertone vs Vega/Auther Godfrey

I have a 50's Favilla that slips snugly into a Guardian case
  10. Strumdaddy

Favilla Baritone Questions

Welcome to the club about2! It's your uke, if a strap pin makes life easier for you then do it. (though I'm glad that you respect the instruments maturity) I was going to swap out the tuners for Gotoh UPT's - but l love looking up at the originals elegant shape. Mine work very well - better than...
  11. Strumdaddy

Playing uke during lunch

Why hide your light, Brother. What sort of work place is it?? If they don't love it - might be time to re-think your career.
  12. Strumdaddy

SOTU 589 - Wedding Bells

.... something blue...... I loved the Phoebe Snow version of this one before I ever saw the original by Jesse Fuller. I also love San Francisco. It's a good one to play for it's atypical blues structure. I play it often and get something new each time.
  13. Strumdaddy

Pickups and live sound

I second the vote for the MiSi
  14. Strumdaddy

Baritone bass run info?

The only source I used was listening to lots of music - it's all in there. Any song - or piece of music structured like a song, has chord changes. One could strum away, one strum per beat and cover those changes, but transitioning with a bit more finesse just adds more interest. Listen to...
  15. Strumdaddy

I completely changed my mind about the baritone

... and you can convincingly get bass runs to move into the next chord; handy for country, jazz and old time songs: more tools to make a tune interesting.
Top Bottom