Recent content by supergokou

1. supergokou

What is "Seasons?"

It's been a super long time since I participated in any contest on UU (any contest for that matter). I keep coming back to the contest thread and kept seeing the "Seasons" thread. Would somebody be so kind and explain what it's all about and how I can participate? Thanks! Rommel
  2. supergokou

I Fall In Love Again (Original)

This is a song I wrote for my wife for our 12th anniversary. I dug out my trombone for this song too! I was going for a sorta old timey jazz feel. Despite the bad lip syncing that's all me in the audio. It was so much fun to make! Rommel
  3. supergokou

Songs about babies, pregnancy, mothers... help!

Hi All, My cousin is having a baby. Thought it would be nice to sing a song at the baby shower. Any song suggestions? We will likely have a uke, guitar, and maybe a cajon. Thanks!
  4. supergokou

A Girl I Know: a Mother's Day song (original)

Here's my latest uke original dedicated to all the moms in our lives. I hope you like it. I had originally planned a very elaborate video and a multitracked song (bass, percussion, background vocals). However I spent mother's day eve watching the Pacquiao fight with my grandmother. Plus...
  5. supergokou

Will Be

A song a wrote for my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary. Cheers!
  6. supergokou

Luthiers in the Philippines

I have a friend who is going to Davao in the Philippines. He was interested in picking up a custom baritone ukulele. Does anybody know of any luthiers in the Philippines that might be able to do this? Davao is south of Manila, though I'm sure he would be willing to travel in and around...
  7. supergokou

Oh Team Ecstatic! (original): song for the TNT East Bay Fall 2009 Run/Walk Team

I was a mentor with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society's Team-in-Training (TNT) walk/run team for the San Francisco East Bay. Every team gets a name. The 2009 Fall team is "Team Ecstatic." During one run, me and a friend were trying to come up with as many words that rhymed with "Ecstatic" as...
  8. supergokou

D Chord: 1 finger or 3 fingers

I noticed in one episode of Uke Minutes that Aldrine shows the D chord played with one finger. I've tried this and have limited success... I tend to mute the A-string. It's kinda cool because I can play the E-chord in the same way with a muted A-string. I was just wondering if there was...
Top Bottom