Recent content by Tatcho

1. T

Baritone Ukulele

Looking to purchase a baritone ukulele and have come across this one.... https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_baritone_ukulele_with_pu.htm This just comes within my budget of 150 Quid. Wonder if anyone has any views on this make? I know its probably made by a Romanian company so its European...
  2. T

6 string Kala Ukulele

I purchased a 6 string Kala a few months ago and I find that the strings are destroying my index finger nail when I play for an extended time. Would it be of help if I changed the strings. If so to which ones. I have only been playing for 18 months or so and have no ideas in any remedy. Thanks...
  3. T

Index finger nail wear

Been playing now for just over a year and I am finding that the nail on my right hand index finger is wearing down quite quickly when strumming. So much so that when I go to my ukulele club for a two hour session my nail is worn down to the 'quick' and starts to bleed slightly. Do any of you...
  4. T

6 or 8 String Tenors

I've been playing for 18 months now and I have a Snail UKT 598 which I like very much. It looks quite nice and the sound is very good to me. I also have a cheap concert but prefer the tenor. I am now looking for new fields to travel along and I think I might like a 6 string or even 8 string...
  5. T

Blackstar Fly 3 amp

I had one of these bought for me for Christmas. I have just purchased a power lead to plug into the electric instead of using batteries, I'll save them for when I play away. I have only been playing for just about a year now so know nothing of these amp things. I wanted one to project my voice...
  6. T

Chords G and G7

Being a 'Newby' and one of my first posts I am having a small problem with these two chords. Whenever I play them on my concert they sound exactly the same. Is my "tuning ear" not working properly? Is there really any difference?
  7. T

Index finger left hand

I am a beginer only been learning about 2 months now. I am finding that when selecting a chord like 'F' the index finger of my left hand keeps slipping off the string towards the 3rd string giving me a bad sound. I'm trying to harden up my finger tips with a regular dose of surgical spirit...
  8. T

Advice on these two.

Being a complete beginer I would like some advice on these two ukuleles. I have no music knowlege and not a great deal of cash being on a pension so I have found these two which I would like some advice on having no other person to ask and no music shops in my surrounding district. Korala UKC36...
  9. T

Hi from an 'Old Crinkly'

Hello to new found 'friends'.. I called myself an 'Old Crinkly' because I am in my middle 80's and looking forward to learning the ukulele before I get to the alzheimer’s stage...!! I have always thought I might like to learn to play the uke but never got around to it in fact I don't even have...