Recent content by the.waz

1. the.waz

FS: Ohana CK-20CE concert cutaway with pickup

I have an opportunity to pick up a used Martin locally but need to sell one or more ukes to justify it. Here we have an Ohana CK-20CE concert with a solid mahogany top and laminate mahogany back and sides. This was bought from and set up by Mim, so you know it plays like a dream. Comes with a...
  2. the.waz

Lanikai 6-string tenor with Fishman Kula and gig bag

I have an opportunity to pick up a used Martin locally but need to sell one or more ukes to justify it. Here we have a Lanikai SOT-6EK 6-string tenor acoustic/electric with a solid spruce top and laminate okoume back and sides. It's not a guitalele; it's a sixer with doubled octave courses on...
  3. the.waz

UBASS end pin jack thread size?

Does anyone know the thread size of the end pin jack in a Kala UBASS, particularly the larger diameter part? On mine, the inside nut has always wiggled loose when I play with a strap, which is annoying but tolerable (I just open the access panel and tighten it). But lately I've started having...
  4. the.waz

Saddle leaning toward nut

Pardon the ignorance, but what other type of bridge is there that would be more accommodating of this kind of round transducer? I've certainly seen the flat transducers and agree it would be preferable here. Is there some case where a flat type wouldn't be preferable to round? I just assumed...
  5. the.waz

Thanks for the replies. I intentionally left off idea #4 (cut a new saddle) hoping that someone would have some great easy fix that didn’t involve sanding and shaping from a blank. :D But seeing your replies, I went ahead and did it…and it wasn’t too bad, even if it took a hot minute to remove...
  6. the.waz

I recently picked up a secondhand Lanikai A/E six-string tenor. It has a solid top, Fishman electronics, and the price was good enough to not fuss about needing a little adjusting. The one thing I’m having trouble addressing is that the saddle leans forward (toward the nut) in the saddle slot...
  7. the.waz

Anyone played a K. Yairi uke?

Guitar is my primary instrument, and I've always been partial to the K. Yairi brand (which are branded Alvarez Yairi here in the USA, but sometimes I run across the international ones in the secondhand market). Well, I happened on a Reverb listing for K. Yairi tenor koa ukulele the other day...
Top Bottom