TimWilson

My profile poster photo is the view from my porch, of Kaneohe Bay on the east side of the island of Oahu.

I've helped build communities of enthusiasts for over 35 years. I started working with communities, including web communities, back in the 80s.

Before getting to work behind the scenes at the Ukulele Underground forums, I ran the forums for video production professionals at CreativeCOW.net, with over 300,000 members and 2.5 million monthly visitors.

Before that, I was Senior Product Marketing Manager in the Media Composer family at Avid Technology, makers of Pro Tools and Sibelius, among many other products. Although I was firmly on the video side of the house, I helped build the first cross-company integration of video, audio, and 3D software and hardware.

Other jobs included visual effects software development, video production, TV hosting, teaching, bookselling, managing a classical concert hall, and too many more to list here. You can read more here if you want to.

My work at Kanile'a is currently focused on building the future of video-based education for ukulele players hoping to reach the next level, as well as community-building, e-commerce, and more.
Website
http://soundsof71.tumblr.com
Occupation
Medical education A/V Nerd; Kanile'a Marketing Nerd
Top Bottom