Recent content by ookooleilei

1. ookooleilei

FINAL PRICE DROP before Reverb -- Favilla Baritone - EXCELLENT condition

Bump. Really don't want to list this one on Reverb -- it's a beauty, with upgraded Gotoh UPTs -- can't believe I'm having trouble selling one of the most desired vintage baritones you can find!
  2. ookooleilei

Be wary of potential scammers

I'm sorry this happened to you, it really sucks. Thanks for posting a warning...
  3. ookooleilei

Last drop before I list on Reverb -- $500, shipped to CONUS only.
  4. ookooleilei

Yes, let me know about the Gretsch, thanks, and nice work on those cracks on the Kamaka!
  5. ookooleilei

NUD- 1956 Gibson uke-1

Looks great with the new tuners!
  6. ookooleilei

I know Jake Wildwood is fond of those old Gretsch sopranos as well…
  7. ookooleilei

A vintage ukulele price guide sounds like a great idea! And thanks for the helpful information on Favilla baritones... I have had a Favilla Soprano, and I liked it quite a bit -- beautifully made instruments, for sure... will have to keep my eye out for a nice Gretsch soprano...
  8. ookooleilei

It's 19" from nut to saddle, I just measured it.
  9. ookooleilei

I'm not 100% sure he did, either, but it has something to do with re-entrant tuning on a longer scale ukulele -- might have been that he played a tenor with re-entrant tuning. There's a video out there with James Hill explaining the tuning and calling it Lyle Ritz tuning...
  10. ookooleilei

Dropped to $525, shipped, to CONUS. Will list on Reverb if no sale here soon, so if you're interested...
  11. ookooleilei

I just can't get along with baritone ukuleles, not for a lack of trying... this one came closest to winning me over, but I started out with sopranos, never played guitar, and the tone is just too boomy for me... These are revered instruments among baritone players, and this one is in really...
  12. ookooleilei

TUS/HMS Communication Issue Resolved by Andrew

Sadly, a fair amount of toxic replies here... forget about who's right, who's wrong, who you think is right, who you think is wrong... don't we all have enough stress in our day-to-day lives that we should be able to escape all of that here? I picked up a ukulele for the first time in the...
  13. ookooleilei

Review- aNueNue Blue Arona Concert Ukulele (UC-10)

Just purchased one based on both of your reviews, and recommendations -- thanks very much, Vic and Barry!
  14. ookooleilei

***SOLD*** - RARE Vega Arthur Godfrey DeLuxe Baritone ("Solo-Lute")

Price dropped to $450(!) shipped to CONUS only.