Recent content by tobinsuke

1. tobinsuke

Neck carving with power tools.

Great video. I hope everything goes well with the sale.
  2. tobinsuke

Dowel Neck joint

It took me a minute, but now I get that. Clever!
  3. tobinsuke

Gold Mother Of Pearl Rope inlay

Beautiful as always! Beautiful as always!
  4. tobinsuke

It’s been a while

Trying to identify to value for sale to be able to buy more useful things and get back into building.
  5. tobinsuke

It’s been a while

I don’t know if any of you remember me, it’s been a while but I used to post a lot. My shop burned down and I lost everything including 2 Timbuck sopranos and everything I had built or was working on, tooling/jigs/fixtures I had designed, notes on all of that, family-handed down tools, all of my...
  6. tobinsuke

Fire! And I think I might be done.

Well, I think I'm done. At least for a while. Electrical fire in what used to be my shop (shed, etc). It was a total loss- all of my tools (and my dad's and grandfather'so), wood/materials, jigs and fixtures, work in progress, everything is gone. And more sentimental items than I care to...
  7. tobinsuke

New hope for koa?

I heard a story on NPR this afternoon and thought some here might find it interesting - I certainly did. It's about a new enterprise that will supposedly ensure koa trees in the future. Here is a link...
  8. tobinsuke

Have you guys seen this?

Apologies if this has been covered and I missed it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jInvxkvpmw0
  9. tobinsuke

What's happening in your shed?

The gift of lumber! Some quartersawn, well seasoned curly cherry to be exact. The guy who gave me this is wondering about the value of his remaining stash.. Please check out this thread...
  10. tobinsuke

What is this wood worth? Please help.

A friend gave me some planks of wood today.... quartersawn curly cherry that has been stickered for at least 15 years. I do not have a moisture meter, but at some point the ends were waxed. The story goes that this wood was imported to Ohio from Oregon some years ago and was used to build...
  11. tobinsuke

Glue and salt

A friend recently complained to me about a (non-instrument building) glue-up with which she had difficulty. Work pieces can, of course, slip against each other when there is glue in between them, and this is what she was talking about. I told her that I had read about using a few grains of...
  12. tobinsuke

Happy World Play Your Ukulele Day!

Seriously. Google it. So play a little, or a lot, and enjoy a ukulele today. If you don't, then there'll be six more weeks of winter. Or maybe that's if you play "Me and My Shadow". Anyway...
  13. tobinsuke

Photobucket hijacked?

Yikes! Having issues accessing photobucket (to paste IMG codes into posts on this forum). When I go to the site all starts out well, I even see my home screen and avatar for a moment, then I am taken to some site for hotel deals?! (This is just on my iPhone - haven't tried with the desktop...
Top Bottom