tonyturley's latest activity

• T
    I'll agree the CNC end takes a lot of work, for me at least. The software I'm using is rather primitive, requiring a fair bit of testing...
  • T
    I've lagged a bit on the kiku project, letting some other non-musical woodcraft projects divert my attention, but it's inching toward...
  • T
    As a hobbyist, I've used a cheap desktop CNC to do a few things like cut peghead routing templates, wood inlay pieces, and bridges. It...
  • T
    tonyturley replied to the thread Parallel builds.
    A newly bent tenor ukulele side cooling in the building form, with its mate next to it and the nearly finished kiku in the background.
    • Kasha tenor sides.jpg
  • T
    One of the projects I've been working on this week is a portable Moxon vise for my shop. All of the wood came from scraps I've had in...
    • Moxon.jpg
  • T
    I'll be spending much of this gloomy Friday cleaning my little basement shop. I've been working on several concurrent projects, and the...
    • DSCF4469.JPG
  • T
    tonyturley replied to the thread I've got the TAS again.
    Yep, I have a Delta scroll saw gathering dust under my workbench. My small Craftsman bench top bandsaw does fine for small stuff like...
  • T
    This little guy arrived in my mailbox today, to be used in shaving the many tiny tone bars in the two kasha ukes I'm building. My Ibex...
    • mini plane.jpg
  • T
    Rough cutting the peghead and Black Walnut overlays on the tenor ukulele neck.
    • kasha tenor peghead.jpg
  • T
    Didn't think of that. First time working with American Chestnut for me. This wood is over 100 years old, so I'm not sure how much tannin...
  • T
    Actual router, even a laminate trimmer, has a stronger motor and better bearings. And I can use bits with either 1/8" or 1/4" shafts in...
  • T
    Using a DIY mini-sled and a palm router to flatten the back of the second of two ukulele pegheads. I also used the platform and a...
    • flattening sled.jpg
  • T
    She calls all my ukes "little guitars". She doesn't seem interested in learning the name "ukulele". Another reason I don't think she's...
  • T
    Not all of my woodcraft is about ukuleles. I spent a fair bit of time this afternoon flattening the back of a Black Walnut bowl blank...
    • Walnut blank.jpg
    • bowl blanks.jpg
  • T
    My 6 yo granddaughter has asked me to build her a "little guitar" like mine that is small enough for her. I have talked with my wife...