Recent content by Uk3player78

1. Uk3player78

NUD and slow growers.

Last one.
  2. Uk3player78

NUD and slow growers.

So it’s a milestone birthday gift to myself. I wanted something to compliment my Wunderkammer Ike handmade mahogany soprano. I’m all about the mahogany sopranos. I decided on a Kiwaya KTS-7. At first it didn’t win me over, maybe it’s because my Wunderkammer aces it in every way... but, after a...
  3. Uk3player78

NUD Wunderkammer Ike Soprano.

Been and gone. Demo. :)
  4. Uk3player78

NUD Wunderkammer Ike Soprano.

Long time coming. 7 months but it’s here as of Thursday past. If you are not familiar with Liam’s work his instruments are all hand tooled in Bristol UK. I am the buyer of mahogany sopranos and my search has ended... for now. UAS is never far away is it? Anyhoo. The build, intonation and sound...
  5. Uk3player78

New build thread. Wunderkammer Ike Soprano.

Bit excited. Incoming next week. First pic from Liam’s house before finishing was applied. Next two pic’s, Koa tuners chosen and Martin M600’s fitted. Ready to go. :)
  6. Uk3player78

New build thread. Wunderkammer Ike Soprano.

Ever since hearing the lovely Samantha Muir on youtube playing what i thought was the most wonderful sounding soprano i had ever heard, (youtube junkie) i had to ask what it was. The reply took a while but she told me it was a Wunderkammer Ike soprano. I almost ordered straight away but other...
  7. Uk3player78

Marketplace.

Not a change as such, just get sellers to prefix the ads with location. I get excited about an ad, click to look and it's in the US with no UK shipping. Kills me every time I see a vintage Martin soprano slip away. :p
  8. Uk3player78

Welp, that's me down to one again.

You may remember my Martin OXK purchase? My Koaloha KCM 00 purchase? Embedded in the OXK thread a Martin C1K purchase then a Martin S1. UAS out of hand? Nope... I do this now and again. Koaloha sold. Fantastic uke but really warm for my taste. C1K, vanilla. OXK, the S1 beats it so i managed to...
  9. Uk3player78

NUD Martin OXK

Ok. I've hogged the limelight for long enough but! The final piece arrived today. The S1. Pics? This is the favourite. Nice popping Martin sound. I have tried the Martin alikes and sold them. Really like this, nice dark wood grain and the intonation is spot on as checked before I played...
  10. Uk3player78

NUD Martin OXK

Pic?
  11. Uk3player78

NUD Martin OXK

Pics?
  12. Uk3player78

NUD Martin OXK

Just got one of these in the mail today. Woke up after nightshift to see the box but head out to pick up wife and my 2 young daughters from a xmas event... Then the weekly shop. Guess i'll have a look when we get back. :D I have a Koaloha KCM00 and i wanted to add a soprano. I did contemplate...
  13. Uk3player78

New uke day... well about a week ago. K brand content.

Hi all! Had a huge break from the forums but been a daily ukulele player anyhoo bit of quick history. Guitarist by trade I wanted to try something different because everyone and their mother, granny, aunty and uncle plays guitar. In 2011 I got a cheap ukulele, then a Lanikai, Ohana's, Kala's...
  14. Uk3player78

NUD 2 + Tenor musings.

Thanks. Here are a couple of pics. Before uke one leaves.
Top Bottom