1. Ukecaster

Farida KAT-3NC tenor

Bump me up!
  2. Ukecaster

Concert Flea with wooden fretboard

Bumparoo!
  3. Ukecaster

Martin style soprano build, tuners?

Maybe they ran out of chips, and need to source some offshore? :)
  4. Ukecaster

Famous-Japan. New Soprano variant

The spruce top FS-220, mentioned in another thread, also seems to be a newer model for Kiwaya/Famous.
  5. Ukecaster

NUD Famous FS-5 soprano

That FS-220 sure has a big ringing tone, as I'd expect from a solid spruce top. Interesting that they went back to the very old decal/style.
  6. Ukecaster

NUD Famous FS-5 soprano

Their description of the hybrid series could use a bit of work, with some better wording than veneer and plywood.
  7. Ukecaster

I've gone right off Spalted Mango

Awesome...a belly soundport!
  8. Ukecaster

NUD

For $10.00? Cool! I believe those tuners were called sharktooth tuners, like these on an old Harmony I once had. However, yours seem to have a slight ring at the bottom, while on mine, the entire bottom of the button was flat against the wood. Hope yours comes out nice!
  9. Ukecaster

I don't think this is cool at all

There it is. He must really be taking a financial hit, to squeeze this apology out of the PMA (Proudest Man Alive).
  10. Ukecaster

I don't think this is cool at all

Not sure what the grounds are for revoking a company's dealership agreement, but that Pono story makes me wonder. If I was a uke manufacturer, I certainly wouldn't want him representing me.
  11. Ukecaster

Dr, Is there any hope?

You: "Dr...is there any hope?" Dr: "Take 2 ukes and call me in the morning"
  12. Ukecaster

Hello from Japan

Welcome! Also a big Kiwaya/Famous fan. I have 2, shown below, FS-1 and FS-0. Would love to see some uke shop pics from Japan, with lots of those ukes shown.
  13. Ukecaster

Who's not played a Kamaka soprano?

Old, or newer? My 1st uke 14 years ago was an inherited 50s/60s gold label Kamaka soprano (in my avatar). It seemed a bit of a primitive build, with hand tooling marks in various places. I've heard they made lots of these, with many being sold to visiting tourists, like my world traveling...
  14. Ukecaster

Famous uke fretboards

No, it was the bourbon 😄
  15. Ukecaster

Famous uke fretboards

I have a nice older Famous FS-1 soprano. Got it 4 years ago used, stupidly sold it, then luckily got it back about 2 years ago. I love it. I always thought the fingerboard was rosewood, but lately, I'm getting some wear, showing the lighter wood below. So, I assume it is a stained lighter...