Recent content by UkerDanno

1. UkerDanno

Ubass action (string height)

Should start a new thread about changing round wounds to flat wounds...I would've thought it to be a straight forward switch! Been eye balling the new 5-string solid bodies, but they only come with round wounds and I know I don't like them. Figured it would be an easy switch to flats whenever...
  2. UkerDanno

New Solid Body Kala U-Bass 4 string 5 String

Not really that fat, finding a good C string might be tricky.
  3. UkerDanno

Solid Hawaiian Koa Top Acoustic-Electric U•BASS® 15th Anniversary Edition...

Still out of my budget... 😁 https://kalabrand.com/products/ubass-koa-fs Besides, I have what I need...😁🤙🎶
  4. UkerDanno

IMHO, they should have Pahoehoes, like the original!!!
  5. UkerDanno

Wonder if they'll make more...
  6. UkerDanno

Wow, out of my price range, but I'd love to have one... https://kalabrand.com/collections/solid-hawaiian-koa-top-u-bass/products/ubass-koa-15th-fs?variant=41107820281926
  7. UkerDanno

New Solid Body Kala U-Bass 4 string 5 String

This guy...
  8. UkerDanno

Country awards bass player with Hofner bass.

Yeah, I had one too, back in 2010, had flat tapewounds on it. Struggled with the scale length, then became unemployed and sold it.
  9. UkerDanno

Gold Tone bass or Guild Jumbo Junior bass?

Make sure to get steel core flats, not sure if there are any available at this point.
  10. UkerDanno

Flatwound on a UBass - advice please

Assuming the stock strings are Pahoehoes, yes they are different than anything else and need some stretching, but they shouldn't buzz. Try tweaking the truss rod. Flatwounds will probably require lowering of the action and setup work.
  11. UkerDanno

Old vs new high-end Kala fretless U-bass models -- Which is better?

Nice! I would use Road Toad Pahoehoes, for a nice, easy, soft feel and that mellow upright sound. That's how the Ubass was designed. They are kind of a pain to install, but well worth it. There's a video on youtube that is very helpful.
  12. UkerDanno

Old vs new high-end Kala fretless U-bass models -- Which is better?

The EM-FS isn't solid mahogany, it's laminate. They both use Pahoehoes, probably. For the same price, get the old solid mahogany! Older is better, IMHO. Actually, I don't think the EM-FS is fretless...
  13. UkerDanno

Post Your Bass Pics!

An old favorite, older solid spruce top fretless... My current favorite, recently acquired Kala SUB, love this thing!
  14. UkerDanno

Replacement pickup for ubass

What's the problem? Contact Kala, they might be able to help you out... support@kalabrand.com
  15. UkerDanno

Country awards bass player with Hofner bass.

There was this guy in a British rock band back in the 60's who used one too... 😅
Top Bottom