Recent content by UkerDanno

1. UkerDanno

Tenor tuning on a baritone...

I tried GCEA (low G) on a baritone, I thought it sounded horrible. Put DGBE strings on it and it sounded great, but I didn't know how to play it, so I sold it.
  2. UkerDanno

Seeking any advise or experiences with these ukulele bass purchase options - Kala KA-UBASS-FS or Kala Rumbler or aNueNue Koa Fretless

I'd go with the Kala KA-UBass FS It's head and shoulders above the others mentioned.
  3. UkerDanno

When you see or reply an old thread, please check if it's bumped by spammer

Nothing wrong with resurrecting an old thread...sometimes it's informative. Newbies are probably browsing old threads and replying to something interesting.
  4. UkerDanno

U bass - looking for a recommendation

Check out this forum, you'll get as many opinions as there are replies...I like the older Kalas, pre-preamp versions. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?forums/bass.26/
  5. UkerDanno

NUD: Kamoa E5 GC...

Since bidding, I planned a trip to Kansas to see my son and Grandson, I was surprised I won it. Well, when I paid, I thought there would be a chance to change shipping address, but didn't see it. So, I messaged the seller and requested that it be shipped to Kansas. Watching the tracking after I...
  6. UkerDanno

NUD: Kamoa E5 GC...

It finally arrived, I bid on this 2 weeks ago, I had a notification on ebay if a Grand concert came up for sale. It is a 15" scale with a 1 3/8" wide nut. Fit and finish is gorgeous as is the solid cedar top. Has a slight rounded back and volume and projection is amazing, it came with Aquilas...
  7. UkerDanno

Kamoa Ukulele

Yeah, it's Kauai... 🤙
  8. UkerDanno

Kamoa Ukulele

I had a search notification on ebay and one came up, I bid and was the only bidder, should see it today. It's an E5-GC Grand Concert Ukulele, natural finish, supposed to be 16" scale, which is what caught my interest, along with the dreadnaught body. I'm hoping it will be good for low G and work...
  9. UkerDanno

Which Chord To Pose With?

Best idea...or a C6 :D 🤙
  10. UkerDanno

I can see the desire for more than one

Just put a low G string on it! Fremont soloist is an easy option (it's a wound string) or, just get a set of Living Water low G strings. Enjoy! :) 🤙
  11. UkerDanno

Uke Spotting in NCIS Hawaii

The image is blurry, but kind of looks like aNueNue to me...:unsure:🤙
  12. UkerDanno

Flurocarbon Low g options

Yes, the soloist is a wound string. Most brands have a low G set, why not just get a set? I like Living Water...
  13. UkerDanno

Which soprano brand would you recommend as a keeper?

I might be a bit based, but old Martins are hard to beat. The Ohana SK-28 Nunes look models are also very good, I had a soprano and concert size, both very nice, I just liked my Martin better and didn't feel I needed them both.
  14. UkerDanno

How do you store your extra strings?

An old CD storage "wallet"...
  15. UkerDanno

how big are your ukulele collections?

:) 🤙