Recent content by ukeskywalker79

1. U

FS: Brand New Lanikai LK-1C Concert made by Kanile'a <<SOLD>>

Wow I hate to do this and I can remember not too long ago trying to convince member Mokai not to sell his. I have a new found interest in taking up guitar so I am thinning out my collection. I am selling a brand new unplayed Lanikai LK-1C Concert size uke. This was made in limited runs by...
  2. U

Beginner Books/Guitars

I've a fairly new uke player (less than a year) and I'm not wanting to try my hand at playing the guitar. I've been doing lots of research the last couple of days and I think I will start off with the Martin LXM due to its construction with HPL (High Pressure Laminate). Think of it as a...
  3. U

Man vs. Food Hawaii

Did anyone see the recent episode where Adam goes to Oahu? I can't believe he attempted that 4 lb pancake. :eek: Next time I go to Hawaii I'm gonna buy one an split it amongst a group of 4. I bet we'll still have leftovers for the next week. Oh and those other places he went too looked good...
  4. U

What to buy for $100?

Ok so my wife is giving me to OK to purchase another uke for my bday. What do you buy for $100. Both of my current ukes are solids so I can't really take them out and about without fear of messing them up. I'm looking for a laminate....something I can just throw around and take everywhere...
  5. U

Mainland Slotted Concert

For those that bought this already http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/product.sc?productId=41&categoryId=3 Please post vids. :drool: Damn UAS!!!!!!!
  6. U

Yet another noob question about strings!!!

This is kind of a dumb question but I've always wondered about this. Let's say you have a uke thats about a year or two old and has never been played. Do the strings wear out over time, even without playing, due to temperature, humidity, etc.? I guess when in doubt they say just to change them...
  7. U

Maui Style Potato Chips!!!!

While stating in Kauai and Maui I had the priveledge of eating the worlds greatest potato chip. They are high addictive and I'm going through withdrawal symptoms right now. I've seen a few online vendors but does anyone know if they are available in the mainland (southern california). :D
  8. U

Geared tuner sound!!!

Hello all I just have a quick question regarding one of my opened geared tuners. On the "E string" tuner as I turn it about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn I'll hear this small noise. It's kind of hard to explain and I wish I could record it. All the other tuners do not make this noise. The uke is brand new...
  9. U

UAS filled once again.

It was a very long 3 days of waiting but my new uke finally arrived yesterday. Its a Kanile'a made Lanikai LK-1C. Its all solid koa and sounds absolutely beautiful. It's a shame they stopped making these. It's basically a K-1 concert without the Kanele'a stamp on the headstock. I am stoked right...
  10. U

Island Legends- Torrance CA.

I just wanted to give a two thumbs up to Todd at Island Legends in Torrance. About a week and a half ago I purchased an all mahogany Kala concert from him however I wasn't quite happy with the wood grain/color. I purchased it anyway as it was his only one. A few days go by and I search all over...