Recent content by UkingViking

1. UkingViking

SOTU 635: Castles

Songs mentioning palaces you say? What qualifies as a palace? What makes a house grand? Oh, it aint the roof or the doors. If there is love in a house, it's a palace for sure. Without love, it aint nothing but a house. A House where nobody lives. I messed it up just before the important...
  2. UkingViking

What microphones do you use to record your uke/voice while playing?

While there are higher quality setups out there, it should be perfectly possible to record with the Yeti without clipping. I dont have problems with mine. Perhaps I dont sing aggressively, but it should be all about setting the gain. With a condenser mic, and the Yeti basically has three small...
  3. UkingViking

Ukulele and microphones which work best for recording

Well, you see more people discussing ukulele recording in the "Uke Talk" sub-forum than in the "Audio Video" sub-forum, thats for sure 😆. It sounds like your setup and background is more advanced than most discussions in here though. I have tried recording with an Se2200a and a Røde NT3...
  4. UkingViking

Where Are You Currently In Your Uke Buying/Selling

Im pretty stable. I have 8 ukes. Five of them $500+ ukes, so I feel that I have ventured up into some good stuff. There are a couple of my ukes that I might let go. Since I dont have any time to play currently, it is the wrong time to decide if they will get play time in the future though. I...
  5. UkingViking

How many ukuleles are too many ukuleles?

That is true. And once you embrace that you are not only a player, but also a collector, storage space is the limit. That probably is the same for all things people can collect. So my thought was, that for the OPs question to make sense - there would have to be some other meaning. Like how many...
  6. UkingViking

How do I determine which key(s) I can sing in?

Sounds like the internet will call you a bass singer with that range. The top of my range is too low to be a bass singer 😆. I probably need to use the key intended for a tenor singer, and lower it a full octave. These is no rule as to what part of the scales associated with a certain key is the...
  7. UkingViking

Ukulele contest: For Your Ears Only!

Aaaand.... The results are in! 5 jurors have awarded points to their top 3 favorites. The winner, making the top two of every juror, is: - bobjking: "I don't know (and I don't want to know)" - Original song A well deserved winner, what a great song! @bobjking if you PM me your address, I...
  8. UkingViking

How many ukuleles are too many ukuleles?

If you dont have space for them, there are too many. When does it begin to look more like a collection, and less like just the ukes you must have for playing? I would say that even if you stick to one size and tuning, it makes sense to have two ukuleles. Whenever you change strings, the uke...
  9. UkingViking

Exploring the Home Recording Rabbit Hole

There are like a gazillion videos on YouTube on what you need to set up a home studio, and guides to post processing. The catch is that they are usually targeted a mix with quite a few tracks of different instruments, with a serious take on it. If, like many in this forum, you want to do a...
  10. UkingViking

Thanks Perhaps there are allready videos out there, I just never prioritized it. Right now I have very little time to play at all, it will probably be years before I have time to triple strum 😒
  11. UkingViking

The last two entries in are: @Renaissance-Man with a song written by someone he used to play with at an open mic. I assume you have his permission for using it, on the same level of formality as he guards his copyrights :LOL:, otherwise this would be copyright infringement. A well played song...
  12. UkingViking

And so March has ended, in Hawaii also. And so has this contest! I will listen to the last two entries when I get a moment alone with my headphones 🙂
  13. UkingViking

2,5 hours till midnight Hawaii time, if you hurry you can make it!
  14. UkingViking

Hello! Sorry for my absence lately, family life can hold me away from my headphones. I like my headphones, they are some nice BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro - just like the ones up for the prize! Only way older. Since last time, we had just one entry: @bobjking delivered at beautiful original song...
  15. UkingViking

Help translating word in a song.

Thanks for all the replies! As for fitting it in the song, one syllable words are best. As for rhyming, only one line of the traditional song is known, written in runes in a legislative text from ~1300. So I intend to make up something that rhymes from there. "I had myself a dream last night...
Top Bottom