Recent content by ukuleledaddy

1. ukuleledaddy

SEASON 556- 1972

OK, this is seeing the light of day because you Dave you shouldn't be the one bringing the Bowie to your own party. I don't mind saying, this is very likely the best video I've ever done. Happy bday week Dave. Thanks for hosting. This was a fun one.
  2. ukuleledaddy

SEASON 556- 1972

Darondo, Didn't I. For my money perhaps the most criminally underrated chill soul tune. Released in 1972 and had some air play but it remained obscure until 2005 when it was rediscovered and rereleased. It was featured on an episode of Breaking Bad. Anyways, it's a great song. My cover is not...
  3. ukuleledaddy

SEASON 556- 1972

First of all, a very happy bday to our esteemed host, TCK. It blows my mind that this thing keep on chugging along (the Seasons, not you Dave). 556 weeks. Crazy. One of my favorite weeks was Ska week, Season 78, where Dave, Alan and I, and I think Rex as well, covered the entire Harder They Come...
  4. ukuleledaddy

SEASON 556- 1972

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Here you go...
  5. ukuleledaddy

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

#2. I wanted to get some Misfits in for your punk week. Well here you go.
  6. ukuleledaddy

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

Pressed for time (leaving for Canada tomorrow) but since we're likely to see tons of eagles I figured I'd squeeze out a couple of eagles songs for you. Not THOSE eagles, I'd like to stay on your good side here. On a separate note, it must be beyond frustrating and devastating to go through this...
  7. ukuleledaddy

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

Operation Ivy. Thanks for the nudge Dave.
  8. ukuleledaddy

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

As a guy who didn’t get into punk until we’ll into my 40s (in large part thanks to our esteemed host), I hope to get a song in this week. It’s been a while. Of course it will need to be done before 9pm. Ok, off for a safe nap.
  9. ukuleledaddy

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

One and done, warts and all. I just like this song and wanted to empty Dave's coffer of one more dollar. And Pepsi says hi.
  10. ukuleledaddy

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Nice of you and Mel to tie in some love with your season. A cousin of mine paid the ultimate price for staying in an abusive relationship. In fact the ten year anniversary of her passing was last week. This isn't a feel good song, but I'm playing it for her. From the outside, it's hard for me...
  11. ukuleledaddy

Season 300 - Deep Cuts

Ok, here we go. SEASON 300! Can you believe it? This week's theme is Deep Cuts. I want you to imagine you are putting together a mix tape or a radio show filled with great songs which you love and you're sure the people you're playing these songs for have never heard them. Play those songs for...
  12. ukuleledaddy

companion to Season 274

Here are the playlists of some older shows. I had to put them in several posts here because they won't all fit into one. Please don’t leave comments in this thread, this is only a place for me to drop more song choices for you. The names of the shows are underlined. Have fun. Cheers. All...
  13. ukuleledaddy

Season 274 - The Songs Stuck In My Head

Welcome to Season 274 everyone. The Songs Stuck In My Head; a little background: TCK and I do a little weekly radio show called The Songs Stuck In My Head. TCK started the show about a dozen or so years ago and I’ve been involved now for nearly three years. Each new show is usually posted on...
  14. ukuleledaddy

Season 273 is going to the dogs....

Pepsi says hi back. And she wants you to know that she misses Annie and Ollie.
  15. ukuleledaddy

Season 151 Break ups & their aftermath

Berni, I don't know what's gotten into me. Sorry you have to put up with this nonsense. It must be that my kids are finally back in school after winter break. I wish I could say this was the first song I've ever written, it's my second. The first was perhaps just as dumb. I honestly can't say...