Recent content by ukuleletodd

1. U

Shimming a brand new uke?

Hi all. I just bought a $300 Koalana tenor that's really beautiful, but it has a lot of fret buzz. Should I return it or shim it? I'm a little concerned that it has so much buzz out of the box. Thanks. I own 5 Kalas and I've never had an issue with fret buzz with any of them.
  2. U

Synergy Instruments Ukuleles -Update

I’m so sad Synergy went under. I’ve been wanting a baritone full carbon uke for awhile. They were the only option. Klos has been hinting at one for years, but so far no production. Emerald won’t make one (only their harp uke). And Blackbird also won’t make one. Oh well. Maybe someone will in the...
  3. U

Flea vs. Fluke

Hi all. I know there have been threads about this. I'm an elementary music teacher/guitarist/uke enthusiast. I have a few high-end guitars and a high-end Blackbird Farallon uke. I want a Flea/Fluke for my music classroom and to play on the couch. I have a really old Flea that I used to...
  4. U

Comprehensive Ukulele Method for intermediate?

Hi all, I've been noodling on the guitar/ukulele for decades. I'd say I'm an intermediate player, but definitely not advanced. Can you think of a method book or comprehensive online lessons that would be good for me? I want to be a more advanced player. I can play all basic major and minor...
Top Bottom