ukuLily Mars
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sorry took me so long to reply! Yes, Pixie is a retired, or more like rescued racer in her case. She was badly injured before she was old enough to race, but came from a racing kennel. One wrist is fused and she is missing one toe. But being a dog, she never realized she had a disability so it never slowed her down. She is 13 now, and we got her when she was two. I just love her too. Deer are fine, we used to get them all the time until they converted the forrest across the street into a housing development. So this was the first time in a long time.
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! I haven't been doing as much music lately--got all caught up in playing "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" on the Nintendo 3DS and also have gotten into free-form scrapbooking called smashing. :-D
    It might sound funny but we're actually still considering a couple of countries, it all has to do with what job offers seem most interesting. Most likely I'm looking at a year in Istanbul but there are also couple of other places around Europe where we might end up. :) Oh, and my big dream would be to live somewhere in Oceania with my ukes. :)
    Hi ukuLily! Thanks for the tips on the 'ukulele on an airplane' thread; I think I'll make several trips and pack around the ukulele each time... ;) It's nice to meet you, hope you've had a nice day! Love, Kitters ^_^
    Aloha Lily, just visited you profile page to tell you that your PM box is filled.....also I see I missed your Bday...Happy Belated B=Day greetings...
    Happy Birthday -- Well, it still is American central standard time. Hope you had a good day.
    Sukie
    Hi ukuLily - Thanks for your kind words in the 'forgotten uke' thread. Appreciated.
    Regards - Terry
    Hi Lily!
    Thanks for the nice comment. I'm glad that you liked it :D
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Mina :eek:
    I'm getting kinda paranoid because I send a message to you, or think I do, but I can't seem to find anywhere that it has been sent. Let me know if you have gotten any of the ones I have sent. Thanks, Rock
    Hi! Thanks for writing.

I don't have plans to arrange this song for uke solo. Rather, I just want to figure out the chords so that I can accompany myself (slow strumming) when I sing it! (I'm primarily a singer; and still a "strummer" on the uke).

And, sadly, I don't have the technology to do the YouTube thing.

Also sadly: the sheet music I found has chord symbols, but they don't really match up with what's in the piano music; go figure. The implied harmonies are not accounted for. So I'll be listening and studying the music to figure it out. :cheers:
    Hi Lily! Thanks for your lovely comments about my blog, I'm glad you're still enjoying it! it's all part of my ukulele fun, and trying to share the passion! Yes I will be updating about the strings as soon as I can; I've been away since Sunday, so lots of catching up to do!
    Those Shubb capo colors are really pretty. I had to get two because I couldn't decide which I liked best. Happy strumming.

–Lori
    Hi Lily

I do like the Snark Red Chromatic tuner. I like it the best, since it has a mic or vibration mode (mic mode is handy for banjo ukes) and it offers a metronome, which I haven't used much but it is good to have handy. I got a Kala tuner recently, and it has a nice big readout, but I don't like the Mode button, which can be switched between Chromatic, C and D tuning, because I prefer just Chromatic and get confused if I accidentally get on one of the other modes. I like the Shubb Capo and the G7 were very nice but a bit expensive. I was lucky to get a sale price at a convention. Hope that helps.
    –Lori
    Hi Lily! Thank you so much for the link! I'm heading off to Geneva in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure to check it out.
    Hope you are well!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…