Recent content by Veritas99

1. Veritas99

Please, somebody buy this

Obviously, you’d want to confirm before you buy something at this price, but a Tyde tenor was listed on Reverb by Sylvan Music with a 1 7/16” nut width. It may not be the same for a concert, but it probably won’t be wider than that. (If you can’t tell, I’d also be happy if someone bought this one)
  2. Veritas99

Price increases

They raised their prices since last year (like the others), but the K1 model you linked has “deluxe” koa and is normally $100 more than the base level K1. The base model K1 is still $1,355, per Kanile’a’s website.
  3. Veritas99

Andrew Molina’s Ukulele Academy

Looks like he just posted a couple of sample lessons, one on a technique and one more of a playing tip. Thumb brush technique Exposing your weak points
  4. Veritas99

What is the point of plastic ukes?

The other consideration is who else will get their hands on it. My wife and I got Outdoors to leave out around the house and take on family hikes, etc. Thanks to my 5 year old, the amount of things I have had to wipe off those ukes and the number of avoided dings from drops is substantial. That...
  5. Veritas99

FS: Kanile'a K-1 C (2020) [Price drop]

Still available...
  6. Veritas99

Andrew Molina’s Ukulele Academy

Looks like Andrew Molina finally launched his online ukulele course. Andrew Molina Ukulele Academy He’s mentioned it a few times in his podcast so I’ve been interested in seeing what he would offer. There are three membership levels, with the top (and most expensive) Prestige level including...
  7. Veritas99

New bed for my uke to lie in

Congrats! I really wish they had offered these sooner. Most of the dealers included generic hard cases and even though the new ones are probably a little nicer, I can’t justify swapping out cases to have KoAloha on the label.
  8. Veritas99

Price increases

Yep, a Kamaka I was on the waitlist for went up $300 from last year. I also have 2020 Kanile’a K-1 concert (that’s for sale in the Marketplace) and when trying to price it, I noticed that the 2021 version has gone up $130 from what I paid originally.
  9. Veritas99

NUD: Flight Carabao Concert (SUS exclusive)

Thanks for the sound sample! It has a really nice balance. BTW.... If you're considering a string change, I really liked the Uke Logic soft tension on the anniversary model in the brief time I had it.
  10. Veritas99

NUD: Flight Carabao Concert (SUS exclusive)

Congrats, and thanks for the detailed write up! Would love to hear a sound sample when you get a chance. The tenor model was noticeably better sounding than the other Flight tenors in Alex's comparison video. Also, I agree with you on the gig bag. It's the same as what they give you with the...
  11. Veritas99

Rebel Invictus NUD

Congrats! The sound samples for these from the guys at The Ukulele Site/Hawaii Music Supply were really nice. Hope the finger heals soon so you get some quality time with it!
  12. Veritas99

FS: Kanile'a K-1 C (2020) [Price drop]

Bump for the price drop (post edited)
  13. Veritas99

Recommendations for reputable online stores and brands for a newbie please!

I agree with all the recommended shops above (and have bought from all of them). The only other one I didn't see mentioned was Aloha City. Matt does a great job setting up his ukes and he has an in house brand (Makiao) that seems like a decent deal.
  14. Veritas99

Review: Flight A10 FM - Not ready to fly with the big boys

SUS’s website says it’s £70 to ship a larger uke under a £1000 to the US or Canada, but that you’re also responsible for any duties. I’ve bought two ukes from them and the duties/fees to the US were around $90 each time. They ship quick too. I ordered and received one from them before a uke I...
  15. Veritas99

Concert Samples -- Which do you like best?

I’m going to go with 4-2-1-3, although I bet 3 is better in person than it sounded due to positioning. I’m mostly just annoyed because I’m guessing one of them is the same eucalyptus Ohana that my wife has, but I can’t for the life of me figure out which one (2?).