Recent content by Vindelanda

1. Vindelanda

Anyone want to start a jam in Alberta? (Specifically Edmonton area?)

Sorry about not keeping up with this thread! I haven't been on this forum in a while. I'm happy to organize this, but I'm also totally fine with it if other people want to help organize/lead too. I have a bunch of friends that I've managed to indoctrinate-er, share the joy of ukulele with, and...
  2. Vindelanda

Peghead problems, any advice?

A couple months ago I bought a used pineapple Flea here on UU, originally bought from MGM. It's a beautiful uke and I love it and have been playing it a lot, but the Peghead tuners have been giving me trouble lately. I try to tune it, but it won't stay. I can literally see it turning back to a...
  3. Vindelanda

Song Help Request Double Rainbow Song

Hi! This song sounds fun to figure out, the video is hilarious. :) Not sure if you saw this, but there's actually chords for it in the original video: I didn't create those, the guy who posted the video (schmoyoho) put them on there. I haven't had the chance to play it, so I'm not sure how it...
  4. Vindelanda

New classical uke book!

That book looks awesome! I just got John King's classical uke book, and that would be a really neat one to get too. However, I find it odd that they say that Old French Song is from the Album for the Young. Schumann wrote the Album for the Young, and Tchaikovsky wrote that piece as they said. I...
  5. Vindelanda

Song Help Request Anyone have tabs/chords for some good duets?

Hello! A good bunch of my friends are musicians, so I was wondering if anyone had any good duets out there. Two ukes would be fine, also violin and uke, piano and uke, flute and uke or any combination of those. (could be more than two instruments, even) :D Tabs, chords or sheet music should be...
  6. Vindelanda

Photos from UWC 2010 June 5th and 6th

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! I'll have to get myself out there one of these years...:D I thoroughly enjoyed looking through the photos, thanks for posting them!
  7. Vindelanda

I've sent you a PM! Glad to see that there are in fact other ukulele players in Edmonton! :D
  8. Vindelanda

Hello there! Are there any UU-ers out there in the Edmonton area that would like to start a jam? I was thinking perhaps monthly to start. I bet we could rent out a room in one of the libraries, or maybe there would be a music store that would be willing to host us. I haven't looked into it yet...
  9. Vindelanda

What exactly is ukulele bass?

Sorry for the probably dumb question, but what exactly is a ukulele bass? Is it a bass, but ukulele-sized and tuned GCEA? Or is it something completely different? They seem really cool, but I'm pretty clueless. Thanks so much!
  10. Vindelanda

Corktown Uke Jam? Just a couple questions...

Ah, thank you guys! I'm going to look at my flights and then let you know, Zoe. This will be awesome! I've never really met any other uke players, and I just got a new Fluke, perfect for travelling with. :D
  11. Vindelanda

Violin fine tuners for ukulele?

Alright, so I'm in a quartet playing piano with 3 string instruments (viola, violin and cello) and they all use small "fine tuners" on the bottom of their instruments instead of using the larger tuners at the top. I think they look like this: Is it possible to use these on a uke? Would it...
  12. Vindelanda

Corktown Uke Jam? Just a couple questions...

Hey there! It looks like I will be in Toronto the first and/or second week of May, and I had a couple questions about the Corktown Ukulele Jams you guys have. Would it be okay for an older teen to come? I believe it says on your website that it's alright, but I just wanted to confirm. And do you...
  13. Vindelanda

Song Help Request Music from the movie Totoro?

I'm especially interested in the main theme (I believe it's played at the end of the movie), the one Sebi posted, but whichever ones are easiest are great. :) Thank you! Thanks so much for the play-along and chords as well, that's really helpful!
  14. Vindelanda

Song Help Request Music from the movie Totoro?

Hey there! In another thread a bunch of folks were saying they had really enjoyed the movie Totoro (Miyazaki) and I was wondering if anyone had chords/tabs for any of the songs. The music is so cute, I think it would sound really great on a uke. I searched it a bit, but all I could find was a...
  15. Vindelanda

Song Help Request Under the Weather- KT Tunstall...Anyone have chords/tabs?

Hello! Under the Weather is one of my favourite songs, and while it's slightly obscure I was wondering if anyone had found good chords or tabs for it. (You guys have the answers to everything!) Thanks so much!
Top Bottom