VioletLotus's latest activity

• VioletLotus
    I recently put baritone strings on my Islander tenor. I absolutely love the sound and it has much deeper resonance. It allows me much...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus replied to the thread String winders.
    On my Islander tenor I put the Pepe Romero baby baritone strings. On the Pono concert went a bright low G Oasis set. I'm utterly...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus reacted to Jim in Oregon's post in the thread My Current "Workbooks" with Like Like.
    As I mentioned to ploverwing earlier, having a teacher who could blend music theory in with uke (and piano) lessons was a key to me. It...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus reacted to ploverwing's post in the thread My Current "Workbooks" with Like Like.
    @VioletLotus thank so much for adding your experiences! I hated learning theory when I was a kid, it was presented a lot like times...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus replied to the thread My Current "Workbooks".
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I enjoy hearing about other people's processes and learnings. I'm definitely going to check out...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus replied to the thread new snark tuners.
    I've always wondered why people leave their tuners on their headstocks. It bugs me if I leave mine on. Good to know another reason to...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus posted the thread String winders in Uke Talk.
    I just changed my strings for the first time (on 2 ukes actually, woohoo!), and got a cheapie string winder to do it. While I was...
    • 1660016812539.png
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus replied to the thread Demo- Pono Baby Baritone.
    I just got my Pepe Romero baby bari strings. (stringsbymail is super quick, wow!) Is this two sets that you cut in half, or just one set?
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus replied to the thread Weird Ukulele.
    This is so cool! I love it when people utilize the gifts nature and time have provided, rather than trying to make everything look new...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus reacted to rustydusty's post in the thread NGD Ibanez tenor guitar with Like Like.
    Finally tried it plugged in today and it sounds fantastic! This is the loudest and cleanest "passive" pickup I have ever used. It's no...
  • VioletLotus
    Oh wow. This is so tempting, I’ve been thinking about how fun it could be to run some bass lines. Never played a bass before though! 🙃
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus reacted to ukudancer's post in the thread Can You Jam? with Like Like.
    Once I know what key the song is, I usually use that scale and run through a couple of takes and usually a melody would emerge somehow...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus reacted to donboody's post in the thread Can You Jam? with Like Like.
    This is close the exact process I employed to learn. Precisely, the way I practice(d) is the following: 1) pull up “how to play c...
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus reacted to about2's post in the thread Can You Jam? with Like Like.
    Quite nice. Thank you for sharing....makes me realize there is so much to learn. What fun. Can I quit my job now and just play?
  • VioletLotus
    VioletLotus replied to the thread Demo- Pono Baby Baritone.
    Thank you! I'm so excited to try out this lower range - even more excited to hear it won't require minor surgery.