Recent content by wickedwahine11

1. wickedwahine11

F/S Calton ukulele case $650

Sure. The upper bout is 7” and lower bout is 9”. The depth is 2.5”. The length of the uke body is 14.5” and the overall interior length is 28”. The storage compartment at its widest point is 5.5” x 9”.
  2. wickedwahine11

A few more photos...
  3. wickedwahine11

I just recently received three new Caltons (two for guitars and one for an ukulele), so I am selling my old Calton ukulele case. It was made for a custom Moore Bettah ukulele, but also fits my KoAloha tenor as well. It is black, with silver padding, and comes with backpack straps. While it is...
  4. wickedwahine11

FS: Moore Bettah ukulele with Calton case

NOW SOLD It is with a great deal of debate that I have come to the decision to sell one of my Moore Bettah ukuleles. I wrote a book about Moore Bettah, and I consider them the finest instruments in the ukulele world. I also greatly value Chuck Moore, the man behind them, and consider them an...
  5. wickedwahine11

Uke Storage - Hanging?

I hang all my instruments. Climate/humidity is not a problem where I live, and I also wipe them down.
  6. wickedwahine11

How do you hang it? Ukulele wall hangers

My KoAloha is on a hanger from Toucan Mango. The Moore Bettah ukes are on one my spouse made for me out of solid mahogany to match the turtle themes of both ukuleles. Three guitars are on a Wall Axe and the last is on a wood custom sign from an Etsy store.
  7. wickedwahine11

FS: Five ukulele history books and one Hana Hou with Brittnia Paiva and Taimane

I'm moving so I'm looking to downsize a lot of my ukulele books collection. This listing is for five ukulele history books: The Ukulele A Visual History by Jim Beloff, The Ukulele Handbook by Gavin Pretor, Get Plucky With the Ukulele by Will Grove-White, Ukulele: The World's Friendliest...
  8. wickedwahine11

FS: Ukulele Jazz, Ukulele Aerobics, Ukulele Chords, Ukulele Fake book

I'm moving so I'm looking to sell off many of my ukulele books. This listing is for five ukulele books. Two of them are chord books (by Hal Leonard and the other by Roy Sakuma). One is Ukulele Jazz: Comping, Soloing Chord Melodies by Abe Lagrimas, Jr. Another is Ukulele Aerobics by Chad...
  9. wickedwahine11

FS: Heeday Kimura Pick/Strum Books (1-3), Slack Key Ukulele, Ukulele Solos books

Hi, I'm moving so I'm looking to downsize some of my ukulele books. I have a six book set of Heeday Kimura's instruction books. They include How to Pick and Strum the Ukulele (books 1, 2 and 3), How to Play Ukulele Solos by Ear (books 1 and 2) and How to Play Slack Key Ukulele. They are not...
  10. wickedwahine11

FS: Ukulele Occasional Magazine/book Volumes One and Two

I'm moving, so I'm looking to downsize a lot of my ukulele books in the process. I have both the debut issue (Summer 2002) and Volume Two of Ukulele Occasional. Both are in very good shape, having been read only once then put on my bookshelf. Please note, the Debut Issue does have a stain...
  11. wickedwahine11

Guitar vs Ukulele

I just recently started playing the guitar after years of only uke, and I have to admit, (at least for the moment) I am preferring it. I am specifically learning slack key from Keola Beamer’s online instruction, and love the full, rich sound as well as seeing progress in my abilities. I gave...
  12. wickedwahine11

Calling for Moore Bettah owners (or admirers) willing to be interviewed

I am so excited to start my newest project this week: I am now officially working on the 2nd edition of my book Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele - the story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles. We will be documenting the current build Chuck is doing of an ukulele dedicated to the Hokulea (forgive the...
  13. wickedwahine11

New brigde pins for my Kanile'a concert

Cool, the links are working great now, thanks. I think this is a terrific change, when I had my Kanilea, I swapped out the tuner buttons and bridge pins for koa as I felt they were a lot classier than the plastic. Good move by Kanilea.
  14. wickedwahine11

Slimline tenor case recommendation

It can be tough to find the perfect case for a slimline tenor ukulele, since they have such a narrow height. For my KoAloha slimline though, I found one that works wonderfully. I got a good deal on it on Amazon (YMC Tenor Ukulele Case Hardshell Case with Plush Interior and Storage - Black), but...
  15. wickedwahine11

Are you drawn to koa ukes? ... a koa junkie? Show your stash.

I have three ukes - each is koa, for the record, the frame on the Al Furtado print is koa as well. I have a bit of a koa obsession. I've bought a koa watch, jewelry box, etc. I love the stuff.