Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

Another one for your week, Bob.
This i wrote after reading your thread.
I was thinking of my close friend in art school. Her name is Jean. I have lost touch with her for years.

Greetings, Bob ... and thank you for this inspiring week! There is an insane amount of denim in this video - double denim doesn't even begin to cover it. The song itself has nothing to do with jeans, but was recorded in 1966 by The Swinging Blue Jeans - a group from Liverpool - so I think it fits within your remit .....

A cracking start to the season!
Thank you all so far!
Brian threw down the triple denim gauntlet with the very first song and I'll gladly pick that bad boy up! (Although, ironically, you can't actually see my jeans in the video...)
Anyway, as host I feel should probably do the 'title track' so here's some Diamond for y'all!

Hey Bob - are songs with the names Jean, Gene, or variations thereof in the lyrics acceptable? Cheers matey! 🕶️

So here’s a cover of Elton’s tribute to Norma Jean Baker - aka Marilyn Monroe. And to make the connection to the theme a little less tenuous I’ve opened the vid with a lovely pic of Ms Monroe in double denim. :)

Jean - Rod McKuen

About 1970(?), I heard this song on the radio and bought the record. I listened to it for a few weeks and soon tired of it. I have no idea what ever happened to the record, but when I saw this week's topic, I decided to learn the song. I still kinda like it, but it won't stay in my repertoire.​

Season 501- Forever In Blue Jeans​

Couldn’t help myself…I have reached a new LOW
My 4th graders were singing this Friday…well done parents (sigh)

the beginning of my next song for this season
put together while sitting on a headland over looking the beach
scribbled the words down in my little book and got my wife to take a vid of the budding melody (in the wind)
to clear up some of the lyrics - I don't own any ladies and we don't own any aprons - and if we did I'd be the one most likely to be wearing it...
finished product coming soon i hope
241449399_583864692796383_8284962535792901529_n.jpg

the beginning of my next song for this season
put together while sitting on a headland over looking the beach
scribbled the words down in my little book and got my wife to take a vid of the budding melody (in the wind)
to clear up some of the lyrics - I don't own any ladies and we don't own any aprons - and if we did I'd be the one most likely to be wearing it...
finished product coming soon i hope
View attachment 135848

I love this! It's great to get a little insight into people's songwriting process. That looks like a fine place to find inspiration!
Looking forward to the finished article!

I might not be able to play the uke properly anymore
But I decided to exercise my mind and write a song.
It is about taking new things and making them look old,
or appropriately distressed.

Today it seems everything
is appropriately distressed
501's are sand papered down
slit at the knees and MADE a mess

Brown leather bags scuffed
at the edges and made too old
The antique look doubles the
price when they're finally sold

my old blue jeans and brown
leather bag look incredibly cool.