Freight Train - Duets for One

Wow! I play the same arrangement but with 4 fingers.. that's pretty good pick control! Did you play another instrument with a pick or decided to use it for ukulele?
That book by James Hill is amazing.
Well done!

Well done! I am working on that piece as well right now, but I don't sound nearly as good as you. The strumming approach is very interesting, might try that. Had to chuckle at the floral print strap in your spec list -- probably changes the tone of your uke a lot :)

Wow! I play the same arrangement but with 4 fingers.. that's pretty good pick control! Did you play another instrument with a pick or decided to use it for ukulele?
That book by James Hill is amazing.
Well done!
I played electric guitar and bass for years, but I'm not using a pick in the video. I'm using the pad of my thumb for the melody and strumming the chords with the nail on my index finger. Does look like I'm holding a pic in the video tho lol. The alternate thumb pad and index nail approach for this piece is outlined in the youtube video James does to introduce this book.

Well done! I am working on that piece as well right now, but I don't sound nearly as good as you. The strumming approach is very interesting, might try that. Had to chuckle at the floral print strap in your spec list -- probably changes the tone of your uke a lot :)
Once the strap opened up it was like a whole new instrument.

I'm using the pad of my thumb for the melody and strumming the chords with the nail on my index finger.

Thanks, I have the book, can't do that though. But, always like to hear other people playing Hill's arrangements, spurs me on to keep working.

Kudos to an excellent performance ! Have to decide if this will inspire me or discourage me...

Thanks, I have the book, can't do that though. But, always like to hear other people playing Hill's arrangements, spurs me on to keep working.

Ok maybe ill give Georgia on my mind a shot tonight, keep an eye out!

Nicely done! I must get out the book and try again.

Top Bottom