ISO: ukulele nut

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Seeking a 38mm ukulele nut, pre-slotted. I have a soprano uke with 37mm width at the nut slot, but the nut seems slightly small, at only about 36mm wide, with narrow string spacing. I'm thinking that if I can find a pre-slotted 38mm nut, I can shave a bit off each end to get the 37mm width, then sand the bottom to fit for height. Hopefully, the string spacing on the 38mm nut will be a bit wider than the usual 35mm nuts available. If you have one to spare, or know a source, please let me know.

Last edited:
I've used the Tusq nuts & saddles before and been quite happy with them. Any of these work for you? If not, perhaps if you sent them the measurements they'd cut one custom for you. Best of luck!!

I've used the Tusq nuts & saddles before and been quite happy with them. Any of these work for you? If not, perhaps if you sent them the measurements they'd cut one custom for you. Best of luck!!

Thanks. The model 1237 might work. However it looks to be shaped different than the 35mm model 1257, rounder looking. Maybe its just the picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-171541_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-171541_Chrome.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210925-171646_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-171646_Chrome.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
late to the show...but ebay has everything. 38 x 6 x 5.2 mm

Remember to check the thickness of the nut. Several of my ukes have nuts that are only 3 mm thick, and most of the nuts you can buy online are a lot thicker.

Thanks all. Yes, many of the off-the-shelf pre-slotted nuts appear much fatter than what I expect on a soprano.

Look no further, you've found me. I'm an ukulele nut!

Top Bottom