Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

I would like to join the next one please

I would like to join the next one please
Just turn up! Meeting details are always on page 1, so you login. We all play a song, and have a chat. Everyone plays a song, and we talk nonsense for a bit. It would be great to hear you play!

There is also the weekly song contest - it's about supermarkets this week.

Just turn up! Meeting details are always on page 1, so you login. We all play a song, and have a chat. Everyone plays a song, and we talk nonsense for a bit. It would be great to hear you play!

Awesome! Let me just get over a cold and I'll join in!

Although I never think of the Seasons as a "song contest". If I thought it was a competition, I'd never bother posting, since there are always posters who can knock my socks off. I prefer to think of the seasons as "song sharing."
Hope you get over your cold and we hear from you soon Voran.

Although I never think of the Seasons as a "song contest". If I thought it was a competition, I'd never bother posting, since there are always posters who can knock my socks off. I prefer to think of the seasons as "song sharing."
Hope you get over your cold and we hear from you soon Voran.
I will. Just lying around resting and rehearsing some chords for a few new songs :)

Unless I hear different, I have assumed that Kevin is in charge this week. First post updated with the details.

Unless I hear different, I have assumed that Kevin is in charge this week. First post updated with the details.
Yay! Looking forward. My voice is doing better today so I think I'll be fine for Saturday.

Well my vocal cords are feeling a bit better, I'll join in and play something at 8.30 today!

Hey folks, something scary happened today. I received this comment on my second video for Val's supermarket week directly from the singer/songwriter and now I am afraid to post at all:

Michelle Shocked
Hi Liz Do you understand "statutory damages for willful infringment [stet] of copyright" when you lied and claimed that you own the rights to the work you upload to YouTube? In December 2021 a new copyright tribunal will allow me to sue you for copyright infringement and YouTube will not protect you from liability. While YouTube serves advertising on your video of my song, and rakes in billions from users like you, you will have sole legal responsibility (for up to $30,000 in copyright infringement) for claiming to own the rights to my song.

Please advise...
Liz

Hey folks, something scary happened today. I received this comment on my second video for Val's supermarket week directly from the singer/songwriter and now I am afraid to post at all:

Michelle Shocked
Hi Liz Do you understand "statutory damages for willful infringment [stet] of copyright" when you lied and claimed that you own the rights to the work you upload to YouTube? In December 2021 a new copyright tribunal will allow me to sue you for copyright infringement and YouTube will not protect you from liability. While YouTube serves advertising on your video of my song, and rakes in billions from users like you, you will have sole legal responsibility (for up to $30,000 in copyright infringement) for claiming to own the rights to my song.

Please advise...
Liz
i think part of the uploading process on youtube is agreeing that you own the material - i do note that some people place a comment under their covers that they do not own or claim to own the material and are uploading under 'fair use' conditions - not really an out given that they have claimed that they do own it in the upload agreement
i think it is more of a problem now that youtube can monetise our vids without our permission
i like to see something i've written being covered but i have not appreciated it when i've seen ads placed on the vid by the uploader chasing a few lousy cents - again now that youtube can just place ads where ever they like it is even more of an issue
i'd certainly delete the vid Liz

Last edited:
i think part of the uploading process on youtube is agreeing that you own the material - i do note that some people place a comment under their covers that they do not own or claim to own the material and are uploading under 'fair use' conditions - i think it is more of a problem now that youtube can monetise our vids without our permission
i like to see something i've written being covered but i have not appreciated it when i've seen ads placed on the vid by the uploader chasing a few lousy cents - again now that youtube can just place ads where ever they like it is even more of an issue
i'd certainly delete the vid Liz
Thanks, Brian, for the quick response. I did delete the post as soon as her message came through. It scared me to death. Maybe I should put a disclaimer, as Andy does, on all my existing posts. I’m feeling paranoid and quite chastised.

Thanks, Brian, for the quick response. I did delete the post as soon as her message came through. It scared me to death. Maybe I should put a disclaimer, as Andy does, on all my existing posts. I’m feeling paranoid and quite chastised.
i think jon duncan also had a problem with the same artist
the eagles - supertramp - are also likely to take issue with covers
it really is a shame as sharing music the way most of us do often brings more attention to the artist's work
trying to make money on covers is just really wrong (and not just legally)
it amazes me that people are able to monetise their channel and they upload the actual recordings by the original artist - not covers - the actual original material
when i listen on youtube i always try to listen on the channel owned by the performer

Top Bottom