Collings Doghair Finish Mahogany tenor

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling one of the most aesthetically striking ukuleles from Collings. This Ukulele has Bill's signature.
It sounds as impressive as it looks. Collings ukuleles have a light build that resonates with its entire body and neck.
I had been waiting to own this one for a long time and I have enjoyed owning and playing it.
Pics and sounds sample: https://kerneltime.smugmug.com/Ukulele/Collings-dog-hair/n-fFspd4/i-qV5dhgg

Asking $3000 + 30 for shipping within the US. I am open to ship internationally but will need to figure out the details.
It comes with an original Collings case.

i-qV5dhgg-X4.jpg

i-dQ7mgFD-X4.jpg

i-M67tt2j-X4.jpg

Wow. It's so difficult to get that Salt and Pepper Doghair finish right and this one looks perfect.

Such a beauty. Good luck with the sale.

Bluesy.

That was one I really, really wanted for a long time, (concert size, though.)
Good luck with the sale of a beautiful looking and sounding ukulele.

I've loved and admired the looks of this uke. Good luck with the sale!

The Bill Collins tenors absolutely live up to their hype. Very light weight. Super resonant. Amazing sound. Very comfortable neck.

The doghair finish on this one is stunning! Some lucky person is going to add a much-coveted instrument to their collection.

After seeing this one, I considered selling all of my ukes in an attempt to get this one! Seriously, one of my favorites of all time, but that price sends it well beyond my budget!!

After seeing this one, I considered selling all of my ukes in an attempt to get this one! Seriously, one of my favorites of all time, but that price sends it well beyond my budget!!
I am basing the price on what I know similar finish ukuleles tenor and concert have sold for (I have a couple of friends who own Doghair ukes). It is cheaper to transact here on UU vs Reverb. This ukulele is awesome and I would regret selling it even at this price but I ordered a few custom ukes over 2-3 years but due to varying timelines they all are landing this quarter so I need space and money.

Beautiful uke and I know it sounds as good as it looks. Thanks for the awesome photos!

nice uke! Nice playing. Reminds of Star Trek insurrection. What music was it? Good luck with the sale!

Beautiful uke. The playing highlights really highlights it’s value.
Nice, clean, clear ”Freight Train” rendition.

I played
1. Scales
2. Cello suite 1 by Bach (poorly)
3. Some more scales
4. Freight train from James Hill’s book
5. Happy birthday
6. Itsy bitsy spider with jazz chords
7. I saw the light from James Hill’s book
6. Chords
I should say I played all those things pretty poorly.. hopefully the next owner will do this uke justice.

Top Bottom