CA glue warning.

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was in the workshop yesterday sanding my latest creation, when in through the door came Mrs T, wagging a finger at me covered in tissue, (the finger that is) It turns out that She had just nicked her finger end with a carving knife in the kitchen it wouldn't stop bleeding, but it was a clean wound so I got her pinch the cut together while I applied a small blob of CA glue , then with out thinking I gave it a quick spray with CA accelerator ..then I realised that would heat up a bit as it cured..She suddenly let out a yell waving her finger in the air shouting stuff like Ow ! Ow! Ow! Etc: then She punched me hard in the ear. :( and I was only trying to help, but She's convinced that I did it on purpose....Next time I'll use a bit of tape or get a first aid kit installed.

Had to be the accelerator. I use Gorilla CA glue to close wounds when needed and there might be a slight sting for a moment, but it sure works good.

Had to be the accelerator. I use Gorilla CA glue to close wounds when needed and there might be a slight sting for a moment, but it sure works good.

Yup, works great...there are even some approved/cleared by FDA as tissue adhesives, dental bonding agents, etc.

I have medical grade CA I use for Halloween prosthetics; also use Superglue (tm) for the winter time dry hand cracks that are inevitable when the RH is 10-20%, or for other annoying cuts (paper cuts, cooking cuts, impact cuts from whacking my had on the door jamb....)

Never used an accelerator - anything that speeds up a chemical reaction will cause heat unacceptable to most human tissue... (I learned that while on my local Hazardous Materials response Team.)

-Kurt​

Top Bottom