SOLD!: STUNNING Kamaka Pineapple Soprano (2012)

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Would you just LOOOOOOOK at this beauty??? Probably the nicest looking, and most gorgeously sweet sounding ukulele I've owned. The tone is just gorgeous... AND, as it's nearly 10 years old, it has opened up beautifully, with much more resonance than you'll find in a brand new Kamaka, IMO (I've owned a few of them...).

Reluctantly selling this one for two reasons: 1) just fell in love with tenor scale, and know that I won't be playing my sopranos enough to keep them 2) need funds to put towards a non-ukulele related (I know... what?????) purchase...

This one is in amazing shape, and plays like a dream... there are some very faint strum marks in the finish, but virtually unnoticeable.

LOOOOOOOK at it!

Price is xxx, shipped, to CONUS only.

Last edited:
I remember owning a ToneRite back in the day to open up my ukes more quickly. (Who knows if they worked but thankfully now they sell similar units from China at 1/10th the price...and I might have to pick one up again). And I'm still waiting for some of my newer ones to age and open up.

Great looking Kamaka and GLWS!

I remember owning a ToneRite back in the day to open up my ukes more quickly. (Who knows if they worked but thankfully now they sell similar units from China at 1/10th the price...and I might have to pick one up again). And I'm still waiting for some of my newer ones to age and open up.

Great looking Kamaka and GLWS!
Ha! Never heard of a ToneRite... interesting idea!

I've found with the brand new Kamakas in particular that they're fairly "muted" -- yet I've not really seen that with the KoAlohas or Rebels... I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that they're built/braced differently...

Price drop to $xxx. Beautiful, wonderful tone, resonant, open sounding soprano...

Last edited:
Probably the best sounding modern soprano I've ever played
was a Kamaka pineapple.
Such a full, fat, well rounded, big rich voice.
And really punches if you want to dig in too.
Incredible price.
(I've been playing every brand of soprano for 20 years and
the two builds I have held onto are my Kamakas and my Pohakus.)
This is a beast of a bargain in my opinion.

Probably the best sounding modern soprano I've ever played
was a Kamaka pineapple.
Such a full, fat, well rounded, big rich voice.
And really punches if you want to dig in too.
Incredible price.
(I've been playing every brand of soprano for 20 years and
the two builds I have held onto are my Kamakas and my Pohakus.)
This is a beast of a bargain in my opinion.
Means a lot coming from you, Jon, thanks!

I've fallen for a Koa Larrivee Soprano I just got, and am in the process of buying a Donaldson Long Neck Soprano, so this one will go further back into the closet than it has already been, sadly.

Listing for $xxx, which was last price I'd dropped it to when I removed the listing. This is a BEAUTY, and it's so opened up and resonant. There are visible strum marks when viewed at an angle, but superficial, and don't detract from the curly koa beauty of this one...

PRICED TO SELL FAST. $xxx, shipped, to CONUS. In the original Kamaka Pineapple hard case, pictured. SOMEBODY STEAL THIS UKULELE.

Last edited:
PRICE DROP TO $xxx, SHIPPED TO CONUS. Sub $700 for a modern-era Kamaka, still old enough to have totally opened up? Great set-up, and uber-hawaiian ukulele tone? Beautiful curly koa? Hard case? Insanity. Somebody please buy this one before I change my mind.

Last edited:
Just a stupid price drop. I'm not playing this, and I know I should be, but, I'm infatuated with a new Larrivee and a recent Timms purchase -- also finding that I prefer the figure 8 shape as opposed to pineapples... my loss can be your gain at this BONKERS price. This is a VERY modern Kamaka. This is NOT buying one of the "roll-of-the-dice" white labels or gold labels that are crazy resonant (with wonderful tone), but typically have setup and intonation issues... this one has opened up beautifully, compared to the more muted current-day Kamakas, and it has a great setup and plays so easily... this is an insane price. $xxx, shipped, in original Kamaka Pineapple hard case, to CONUS only. This one will go up on Reverb if it doesn't sell here soon, at a significantly higher price...

Last edited:
WOW. This won't last long.

Someone in Germany is silently crying because of this ridiculous price and the inability to get this beauty over here.

Oh. And maybe also because of the current exchange rate of my hard earned euros to dollars

Someone in Germany is silently crying because of this ridiculous price and the inability to get this beauty over here.

Oh. And maybe also because of the current exchange rate of my hard earned euros to dollars
Feel bad about that every time I list one for sale, but it's so much more work/hassle to ship overseas.... sorry! And sorry about the exchange rate, too!

classic Kamaka right there, quintessential imo... I'd seriously consider it if some of the lower end ones I'm selling would sell, but like you mentioned buying has really slowed down. glws
It really is. Hate to part with it, as it's such an iconic instrument, and this one in particular is a beautiful example...

Top Bottom