Please, somebody buy this

Don't think my playing can do the uke justice, may record some very lame licks after international shipment but here is the sneak peek of what it looks like (discounted due to dyeing issue).

Issue resolved... it is SOLD.

My thinking is that you do not have to do "justice". I have played okay ukuleles and very nice ones. Nice is better. So when I pick it up, I enjoy playing the better one. It feels better and sounds better. No justification needed to anyone else that I spent money on something I wanted and that increased my enjoyment of this hobby. Every time I look at it it brings joy. And every single note or chord I play I derive value. The ukulele is likely happy just to be in a loving home and appreciated irregardless of my (lack of) skill level.

My thinking is that you do not have to do "justice". I have played okay ukuleles and very nice ones. Nice is better. So when I pick it up, I enjoy playing the better one. It feels better and sounds better. No justification needed to anyone else that I spent money on something I wanted and that increased my enjoyment of this hobby. Every time I look at it it brings joy. And every single note or chord I play I derive value. The ukulele is likely happy just to be in a loving home and appreciated irregardless of my (lack of) skill level.
you don't understand how much i love this post.jpg

Geeze, duh... looks like 2 different woods, weird.
The shop has released more discounted ones with better looks last 2-3 days, but they are already gone like a flash. Keep watching, for those who are interested, just in case they have a few more.

I wish I could get our cat to do this. I bought her a brand new scratching post and despite my best efforts to encourage her to use it, she ignores it completely and continues to sharpen her claws on the furniture!
Have you tried the sticky tape on the furniture? They sell clear two-sided tape you can put in the areas where your cat scratches--she'll feel the sticky on her paws and won't want to scratch it. Also maybe try scratching posts out of different materials? My cat didn't care about sisal rope scratchers at all but she LOVES cardboard ones.

Have you tried the sticky tape on the furniture? They sell clear two-sided tape you can put in the areas where your cat scratches--she'll feel the sticky on her paws and won't want to scratch it. Also maybe try scratching posts out of different materials? My cat didn't care about sisal rope scratchers at all but she LOVES cardboard ones.
Yes, I actually bought a reel of that, but was rather concerned about what it was doing to the upholstery.

If you want the absolute best ukulele available AND have around $20+k to spend for it, this is the one to bid on!

Is this the first MB made from The Tree? Just beautiful. The inlay work doesn't excite me so much, but the craftsmanship and finish looks incredible. Gorgeous sound too.
It really does sound amazing.
I appreciate the skill and work that goes into the inlay, but like you, it doesn't work for me. But, wow, the wood and sound are gorgeous.
It will be interesting to see how much $ it goes for. I hope it goes to someone who will enjoy playing it, and not just put it on display.

From The Ukulele Site: Cedar and Rosewood Moon Bird Soprano... for those who might prefer cedar over spruce (I dig cedar tops), and want a Moon Bird:

Is this the first MB made from The Tree? Just beautiful. The inlay work doesn't excite me so much, but the craftsmanship and finish looks incredible. Gorgeous sound too.
Not sure if this is his first, but it looks like he made another that's going up for sale thru Ukulele Friend.

Shawn posted on Insta that Mika was doing sound samples tonight for 4 Moore Bettah, 2 DeVines, a Pegasus, and a Cornerstone with ancient spruce (plus others). Should be a heck of a drop when those hit the site.

Shawn posted on Insta that Mika was doing sound samples tonight for 4 Moore Bettah, 2 DeVines, a Pegasus, and a Cornerstone with ancient spruce (plus others). Should be a heck of a drop when those hit the site.
😮 I can't imagine Mika's UAS levels after a night like that. The days after must be a drag!

Top Bottom