Search results

1. Diogenes Blue

SOLD - Blue Frog Long Neck Soprano

SOLD Concert scale (14.7") soprano made by me. Black walnut back and sides, spruce top, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard with a 12" radius, rosewood bridge, cherry binding, bone nut and saddle, Martin strings, Gotoh tulip style UPT tuners, hand rubbed oil finish. Radiused top and back, Super...
  2. Diogenes Blue

My Last Build - Concert with Inlay

This was the last uke I completed. I'm feeling better again and will start completing some back burner ukes and start some new stuff I have drawn up. Black walnut back and sides, Douglas fir top, mahogany neck, Gotoh UPT tuners. I couldn't get the colors in the inlay to show up on camera. The...
  3. Diogenes Blue

Bosch Coltified Fretboard Radius Jig

Built this jig yesterday. The black plastic base on the Colt protrudes a bit so I routed channels in the radius thingies and it slides in and out . I'll replace the part that slides in after the router with one made out of hardwood with threaded inserts and a couple of those black knob bolt...
  4. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Soprano #41 - Solid Black Walnut and Spruce- Special discount

Solid black walnut back and sides Sitka spruce top Mahogany neck - modern C shape Bolted neck joint Cherry binding in body, fretboard, and headstock Ebony fretboard Ebony headstock veneer with mother of pearl Blue Frog logo Ebony bridge Mother of pearl fretboard markers Black side dots 1-3/8...
  5. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Soprano - Solid Black Walnut body with Sitka Spruce Top

SOLD! Soprano #39 is back up for sale after the owner decided to trade up for one with inlay. $400 includes shipping within the lower 48. Solid black walnut back and sides with cherry binding Sitka spruce top Sitka spruce bracing Mahogany Neck - Shape is modern C Ebony headstock veneer Ebony...
  6. Diogenes Blue

Super Soprano Bracing

So say I have a soprano body, 14.75" concert scale neck, 14 frets to the body. Should there be fan braces on the top, or just transverse braces and a bridge patch? I Can Not... find this information anywhere.
  7. Diogenes Blue

Blue Frog Soprano #39 - Black Walnut Back and Sides, Spruce Top, Mahogany Neck

Handmade Soprano #39. Black walnut back and sides with cherry binding; ebony fretboard and headplate bound in cherry; mahogany neck; bolted neck joint; rosewood bridge; bone nut and saddle; radiused top and back; Grover geared tuners; Mother of pearl markers, black side dots; hand rubbed oil...
  8. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Pineapple Sopranino #5 - Solid Maple and Sitka Spruce

This is a 12 inch scale pineapple sopranino of my own design. It's a little larger than the usual 11" scale sopranino and it sounds great with GCEA tuning. It's a lot louder than one would expect from a sopranino, guaranteed. I'll be making more. This is #5 of a batch of six. I might have been a...
  9. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Pineapple Sopranino - Solid Maple and Sitka Spruce

SOLD! Thanks so much! This is a 12 inch scale pineapple sopranino of my own design. It's a little larger than the usual 11" scale sopranino and it sounds great with GCEA tuning. It's a lot louder than one would expect from a sopranino, guaranteed. I'll be making more. This is #6 of a batch of...
  10. Diogenes Blue

Top Joining Jig

In case some of you haven't seen this. It's super simple and super effective. Packing tape under the hold-down bar keeps things other than the tops and backs from sticking together. I've joined 30 something tops and backs, easily, quickly, perfectly, and I might have changed the tape once.
  11. Diogenes Blue

SOLD! This is a 12 inch scale pineapple sopranino of my own design. It's a little larger than the usual 11" scale sopranino and it sounds great with GCEA tuning. It's a lot louder than one would expect from a sopranino, guaranteed. I'll be making more. This is #4 of a batch of six. Bolted neck...
  12. Diogenes Blue

SOLD! Thanks everyone! More to come! This is a 12 inch scale pineapple sopranino of my own design. It's a little larger than the usual 11" scale sopranino and it sounds great with GCEA tuning. It's a lot louder than one would expect from a sopranino, guaranteed. I'll be making more. This is #2...
  13. Diogenes Blue

This is a 12 inch scale pineapple sopranino of my own design. It's a little larger than the usual 11" scale sopranino and it sounds great with GCEA tuning. It's louder than I expected and there's great separation of tone across the strings, with good sustain. I actually like it so much I wish I...
  14. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Soprano - Figured Ambrosia Maple and Spruce Top

SOLD! READ THIS! As with my previous ukulele posted on the marketplace, this uke's neck is slightly off center. It's not noticeable unless you look at it straight on, it doesn't affect the structure or playability. The uke should last generations if cared for properly. It does have a few minor...
  15. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Figured Ambrosia Maple with Tiki Inlay

Sold. READ THIS! First off, this soprano's neck is slightly off center. You can tell when looking at the fretboard straight on. I didn't realize it until I was stringing it up. The price reflects this. It's structurally sound and should last generations if cared for. The neck being off center...
  16. Diogenes Blue

Handmade Blue Frog Solid Mahogany Soprano by Vic Jones

SOLD! Lots of volume, low action, thin modern C shape neck. The lower left tuner is a tad off center. Not really noticeable unless you're looking at it head on. Solid mahogany back, sides and neck. Sitka spruce top Grover geared tuners Aquila Lava strings Black walnut binding Bound fretboard...
  17. Diogenes Blue

Solid Mahogany Handmade Blue Frog Soprano

SOLD Price Dropped again, due to finish irregularities. $325.00 shipped to lower 48, outside will be figured. This as low as I can go. It's a nice ukulele and a great player with great tone and volume. Has sporadic open pores in the finish. Solid mahogany; Bound ebony headstock and fretboard...